Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ipod with 500,000 songs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, '08, 10:47 pm 
It may soon be possible to have an Ipod with storage for up to 500,000 songs, or 3500 movies - wow! That is a lot. Does anybody need that many songs or movies stored up????????

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol ... 728060.ece

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, '08, 10:58 pm 
is this really necessary? I mean seriously, who wants to listen to 500k songs anyways >.< I have like maybe 200 or so saved on my comp as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, '08, 11:11 pm 
Wow, that's really going overboard. If they have that much storage, they should look at using it for more than just music and movies. Maybe they should add a little camera and have it take pictures, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, '08, 3:31 am 
Yes, that is a bit excessive! What will they think of next?????? :blank:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, '08, 4:52 am 
Never, could I ever have that many songs. lol, I don't even have 1 HA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, '08, 1:31 pm 
If you have a lot of audiobooks or radio shows it could be filled. For example, I'm a big fan of Loveline from * (when Adam Carolla was the co-host). There are <cough> places where one can acquire about 60gb worth of these old episodes. That 60gb isn't even the complete collection since 80% of the pre-1999 episodes aren't available.

There will likely come a day when you'll be able to legally purchase & download massive archives of old content like this. I'm not a Howard Stern fan but I just know that people would shell-out money for access to every show he's ever recorded. This massive hypothetical iPod will be too small in no time at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, '08, 11:05 pm 
hugues wrote:If you have a lot of audiobooks or radio shows it could be filled. For example, I'm a big fan of Loveline from * (when Adam Carolla was the co-host). There are <cough> places where one can acquire about 60gb worth of these old episodes. That 60gb isn't even the complete collection since 80% of the pre-1999 episodes aren't available.

There will likely come a day when you'll be able to legally purchase & download massive archives of old content like this. I'm not a Howard Stern fan but I just know that people would shell-out money for access to every show he's ever recorded. This massive hypothetical iPod will be too small in no time at all.

Very good points in favor of this idea, hugues! By the way, is the Adam Carolla guy you spoke of above also the same person that just did "Dancing With The Stars"? If so, I grew to admire him on that show. He has a very unique sense of humor and his dancing wasn't half bad either. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, '08, 2:42 am 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote: By the way, is the Adam Carolla guy you spoke of above also the same person that just did "Dancing With The Stars"?

Yeah same guy, I didn't see him on Dancing with the Stars though. He was co-host of Loveline for ~10 years, obviously cast in the comic relief role. However, he often had better advice than Dr. Drew (the other host of the program, probably known more for that Celebrity Rehab show). He left to take over the Howard Stern slot on the west coast in late 2005. His solo radio show is pretty good, but not as good as his old Loveline days.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]