Page 3 of 3  [ 3 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, '07, 3:07 am
Average Rating: 4.02 out of 5
Reviews
The agent observed how some of the lights flickered. Others were dimly glowing, illuminating the metallic passage they advanced through.

"I don't like this place," Shir commented, walking closely behind Rudo. "Something about it is off..."

"A little space wouldn't hurt." Rudo increased his pace, hoping to move away from the thief. 'I don't trust her as far as I can throw her,' he smirked to himself.

"Look!" Nei stepped ahead of Rolf and pointed at the fork they've come to. Aside from the main path they followed, there was another to the right.

"It's one way or the other..." Rolf stated as he held his chin with a hand, deciding on which way to choose.

"How about we draw straws?" Shir suggested, digging around her pack. "Tch, all my stuff's wet..." she murmured, shaking the bag.

"That's a stupid idea," Rudo sighed, resting his heavy gun on his shoulder. "We can't depend on straws to lead the way."

"No, but we can use them to decide who picks which way to go." she smiled slyly, as if she had something up her sleeve.

"We usually leave that up to Rolf," the hunter grumbled, rubbing his forehead with his other hand. "All you're doing is wasting our time."

"You're never any fun, Rudo. All work and no play makes you a very dull boy to be around." she snickered, pulling some straws that she carried around with her out of the pack. "Here they are!"

"Exterminating monsters IS my job, Shir." Rudo said, followed with a heavy sigh. "Rolf, say something."

"Well, it's not a bad idea." Rolf smiled calmly and shrugged. "It should be interesting."

"That's the spirit!" Shir grinned, throwing her arms around Rolf's neck in a hug. "I knew you'd agree with my methods!"

"This should be fun!" Nei chimed in with a smile.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Rudo grumbled, shaking his head.

"Shir," Rolf gasped, "can't...breathe..."

"Oops," she giggled, releasing him from her hold, "sorry about that."

"So how does this work?" the agent asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Simple, really," the thief's tone was matter-of-factly, "whoever gets the red-tipped straw chooses which way we go," she held up the straws, showing the colored ends for a moment before holding them face-down in her hand. "I'll keep whichever one's the last. Rolf, you draw first."

Rolf glanced up into Shir's light blue eyes before taking the straw closest to him. Upon examining the tip, it was colored blue. "Looks like I didn't get it." Rolf said aloud, holding up the straw for the others to see.

"All right then." the thief smiled, then turned to face the blond. "Rudo, you go next."

"I refuse to participate in this. It's probably fixed anyways," the hunter stated firmly, narrowing his deep blue eyes.

"Aww, c'mon Rudo!" Nei walked over to the large man and tugged on his arm. "I wanna try this, but I can't if you don't want to..." she said in hopes of changing his mind.

Rudo stared into Nei's eyes for a moment, saying nothing.

"Are you mad at me, Rudo?" the girl asked, a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth.

The blond remained silent as he walked over to the thief, plucking a single straw from her hand. "It's green," he said curtly, flicking it into the air.

"You know, I was wanting to keep these!" Shir snapped, swiping it out of the air. "Okay Nei, it's your turn."

Making a small squeal of delight, Nei skipped over to the green-haired woman and carefully examined the two remaining straws, then chose the one facing away from her. "Oh, look!" she exclaimed, holding up the straw, "I got the red one!"

"Congratulations, Nei." Shir sent her a warm smile. "So which way will we go?"

Nei bit her lip, looking from one path to another.

"Well...?" the older woman asked, tapping her foot against the hard floor.

"We'll go forward!" Nei beamed, choosing the path straight ahead.
 Page 3 of 3  [ 3 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3