Something that’s only occured to me now...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Something that’s only occured to me now...

Postby Scootaloo » Sat Mar 31, '18, 8:57 pm

I’m surprised this has just occured to me now, but anyways...

Was information on the events of PSIV made public to the general population of Algo? Like battles with the antagonists (e.g Zio, Lashiec, Dark Forces), finding out about Rykros, learning how Algo came to be, the final battle with the Profound Darkness, and so on...

Did the heroes ever make the information public? Or did they keep it secret to avoid scaring people knowing that Algo’s existence was on the line?

What do you think? This is only hitting on me now.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Re: Something that’s only occured to me now...

Postby augmentedfourth » Mon Apr 2, '18, 2:41 am

That's a really good question, and it's crossed my mind here and there over the years. Obviously, a lot of Algo was somehow affected by all the bad things going on, from the expanding quicksand, to the illness on Dezo, to Mile, um, being completely obliterated by a magic hole in the ground. Eventually, those bad things got better (or at least that's what we assume), so a lot of the general public probably figured *something* happened. People already had their doubts about Zio, so finding out he was vanquished in some sort of good vs. evil battle probably wouldn't raise too many eyebrows.

If I had to speculate, though, I'd guess that some of the details weren't made known. One could argue that following the game, Rykros doesn't serve a purpose, so why get people all riled up with the news of "hey, there's been another planet this whole time!"? Same with the whole creation of Algo/Light vs. Darkness issues, especially since they don't really affect everyday life. Also, considering the schmaltzy end scenes where Chaz is sad about not seeing his friends again, I think it can also be safely assumed that communication between towns and planets wasn't that easy, and it would be difficult to spread a lot of information to a lot of people all at once.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Hukos » Fri Apr 13, '18, 9:32 pm

Algo seems to be repairing itself technologically, so I don't think they have any kind of mass communications - ie the internet. I imagine that's something the academy would be working on, but alas they're not there yet.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 16, '18, 12:18 am

No mass communications so I don't really know if it's possible for the people of Algo to be aware of all the evenements ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Phantasy Star IV