Interesting PS Zero find

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Interesting PS Zero find

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 18, '10, 6:42 pm

In the sub-mission Mothers Memories, (Or something like that) there is a cut scene part way through that talks about what Mother Trinity was about. Later in the scene the name Coral comes up. If anyone remembers PSO, Coral was Pioneer 2's home planet.

According to episode 3 and Ep 1-2, A ancient civilization existed on Ragol. That Civilization was Coralians. Dark Falz rose up and wiped them out before being sealed in the spaceship once again. The source of Dark Falz was sealed on Ragol via the photon flow.

Dark Falz would then sent the meteor to Coral which prompted the "fake world ending" exodus to Ragol and started the game we all know.

Now according to PSZero, Dark Falz terrorized Coral before they sealed it on Ragol?

The whole meteor thing and D-cells have to be explained with lots of game quotes x.x
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Re: Interesting PS Zero find

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 18, '10, 6:52 pm

So let me see if I've got this right.

-Coralians lived on Ragol
-Dark Falz appears, is sealed
-Coralians move to Coral?
-Dark Falz sends meteor
-Coralians return to Ragol, PSO happens

Huh, what are the chances that they'd go right back to Ragol.

So, what exactly does PS Zero say about Coral?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 20, '10, 6:55 am

[Edited again to add integral Blue Star Memory key details]

Yep. You have it right Thoul.

~Ragolians or something traps the Great Shadow in the Photon Flow of Ragol.
-People lived on Ragol (Ragolians)
-Ragolians find d-cells/Germ and Dark Falz is born
~Great War, Leukon Knights used, Dark Falz defeated
~Dark Falz unable to be defeated because of photon weaponry and sealed
-Ragolians evacuate and move to Coral - Almost all Ragolians wiped out
-Dark Falz stirs 1000 years later and sends meteor
~Dr Montague finds d-cells, makes mags, Mother project, Pioneer 1 departs for Ragol
~Pioneer 2 shows up under false pretense of "dying planet"
-PSO 1, 2, and 4 happen
~A second smaller explosions happens after Episode 2 and people's mags begin to non function. Everything relying on D-cells on Pioneer 2 ceases to function. Chaos ensues.~
~Episode IV begins with a meteor with d-cells launched towards Coral but is hit by a laser beam from Ragol and hits Pioneer 2 before landing on Ragol. This leads to the meteor being investigated.
~Mother Trinity is installed on Coral. (Mother Trinity is Mother Brain with 3 AIs)
~Mother Trinity begins to be slowly corrupted by the influence of D-cells (Dark Falz origin)
~Blue Star Memories happen
~Sometime during episode 1/2/4, Tyrell is ousted by Dol Grisen and Grisen declares independance from Coral. A short war is fought
~OPSS incident, Pioneer 2 gains independance from Coral
~Episode 3 happens
~Pioneer 2 finally lands on Ragol and colonizes it and everyone lives happily ever after

The Following is taken from the dialogue of Phantasy Star Zero and put in order:

~On Coral, Newmans are improved and perfected with the work of Mother Trinity
~Mother Trinity takes care of Coral and the people of Coral continue to polute and fight and ignore her
~Mother Trinity gets angry and starts wiping out humanity on Coral
~Mother Trinity moves to Arca (Moon) and bombs mankind back to the stoneage
~Mankind on Coral goes into a period called "The Great Blank" and much knowledge is forgotten
~Mother Trinity ressurects the Newmans as her slaves and servants since they are superior to humans
~During the Great Blank, people forget the name of the planet and the moon
~A word referring to dirt gradually becomes a reference to the planet, itself - Earth. No one cares about giving the moon a name.
~Humans re-emerge on the surface of the planet, and begin rebuilding.
~Humans find Casts, and begin re-activating them. The Humans and casts then begin a fledgeling civilization.
~Phantasy Star Zero occurs.

According to Episode 1, 2 and 3, Dark Falz is born from d-cells finding the perfect host and merging completely. AKA Rico, Aka Flowen (almost)

if you want, I'll cut and paste the dialogue that correlates most of this.

I am trying to put it in a DOC file with the script used and you can read it and come to a conclusion.

Hey Thoul? This is for you. I've searched the EPISODE 3 script and pulled everything out pertaining to this topic. Next I'll quote the stuff from Episode 1/2 that backs up the Coralians originating on Ragol.

Most of this document backs up that timeline up there. It also gives insight as to WHY Dark Falz could never be defeated. Why Pioneer 1 exploded and why Photon Weaponry CANNOT kill it.

When you read it, you'll also see that BLITZ suffered the same fate Flowen did. Flowen became infected by GERM/D-CELLS like Blitz did. Blitz was the second attempt to merge.

For a grander note, Blitz is Bernie. Kylria's mother is Alicia Baz. Kylria and Kranz are brother and sister.

Episode 3 info

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F0VBOBV4

Episode 1,2,4 info

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W0XT6VME

Besides, I love the design of Leukon Knights :D

P.S. I found the information from episode 1/2 and uploaded it and then I've also added what you learn from PS Zero. The episode 3 info explains the nature of Dark Falz/Great Shadow. You can relate the Great Shadow = Profound Darkness and Dark Falz = Dark Force.

The Great Shadow in itself is not evil. it just produces the GERM because that is all it can do. GERM has a mind of its own and seeks out the best candidate to mutate and evolve. I think Dark Falz, which grows from the Germ, wishes to escape from Ragol where it is trapped.
Last edited by Rick on Sun Mar 21, '10, 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rick
Android
Android

Postby Thoul » Sat Mar 20, '10, 5:19 pm

Now that's some very interesting stuff. Thanks for providing all that info! I haven't had time to look at the files yet, but this has been very enlightening. I haven't gotten around to playing PSO past the first episode, so I missed a lot of the story there.

You know, reading all that, it seems like the stories of PSO and Zero are a reworking of the basic backstories of PSII and PSIV. Mother Brain going nuts, the Profound Darkness, the Great Collapse, recovering the lost technology, newmans being improved... It's amazing how they took some of those core concepts and created a whole new story.

I'm also glad to finally know how Zero connects to the other games. I think this firmly places it as part of the PS Online series.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Sun Mar 21, '10, 12:43 am

Most impressive. Like Thoul I've not actually played much of the following three episodes of PSO. I know, I know, its shameful of me. But wow, that is jsut so incredible to read and see how it all ties together. Did remeber that reference to Coral, but was so caught up in playing through the game it never dawned on me that it might correlate to the same Coral in the PSO series. I'm getting back into PSO via BB though, so hopefully I'll get to play through Episodes 2 & 4 and catch up on all the story I've missed out on... which apparently is a whole lot. :hypnotized:
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Rick » Sun Mar 21, '10, 5:27 am

I've found this old them to add. Some PSO Episode 3 plot info from the developers:

A History Lesson
Prelude
In the year 3063, a meteor plummeted to the surface of the planet Coral. The scientific team dispatched to explore the crater found that the meteor contained a valuable energy dubbed 'Photon'.

Years later, an unmanned craft stumbled upon the planet that spawned the meteor. The government named the planet Ragol and quickly sent the colony ship Pioneer 1 to terraform the surface. The goal of this Pioneer Project was to secure productive land and further the progress of Photon research and technology.

The Pioneer 1 landed on Ragol in 3077. The colonists immediately began full-scale operations, beginning with the construction of a central dome that would act as their base of operations. While the colonists were busy trying to make a new life for themselves, another party was secretly excavating the site of an ancient civilization. As the excavation progressed, a powerful form of photon energy was detected deep within the ruins. Engineers decided that obtaining this energy would greatly help Photon research, and it was soon marked as a priority of the government.

Episode I
With the success of the Pioneer Project, a second ship, Pioneer 2, was sent into Ragol's orbit in 3083. As Pioneer 2 was opening a communication link with the Central Dome, an enormous explosion shook the planet's surface. The shock waves collapsed the Central Dome, effectively stranding the Pioneer 2 in orbit.

The chief officer of Pioneer 2, Principal Tyrell, ordered a private organization (Hunters) to explore Ragol's surface. Those that made contact with the colonists vanished -- the only explanation was an attack by the planet's native creatures.

All was thought to be lost until a young hero/scientist/daughter of Principal Tyrell, Red Ring Rico, began her own investigation of Ragol. As she searched the planet's surface, she left capsules behind her that would lead fellow Hunters to the secret behind the explosion. As she delved deeper into the ruins, she discovered a powerful being known as Dark Falz. It absorbed Rico's body into its own, gaining near infinite strength. The team of Hunters trailing Rico stumbled upon this abomination and met it in battle. Eventually, they emerged victorious.

Episode II
Even though Dark Falz was defeated, all was not well on Pioneer 2. In 3084, the ship was thrown into turmoil because the mysterious creatures of Ragol appeared to come back to life -- which fueled concern about the remains of Dark Falz. The Hunters sent to investigate failed to return. The government was quickly loosing control.

As the situation worsened, Pioneer 2's lab (which was in charge of overseeing Photon Technology) began an investigation of its own on the order of Chief Natasha Milarose. In the midst of an investigative probe, the team intercepted a message from an officer from Pioneer 1, Heathcliff Flowen.

The communications origin was the lone island Gal Da Val, which was located in the sea adjacent to the Central Dome. According to the government on Coral, Flowen, who was the vice commander of Pioneer 1's military, had died during the construction of the Central Dome. Hunters were immediately dispatched to investigate the island.

On Gal Da Val, the Hunters discovered a large experimental facility that was partaking in unethical research and development of Photon Technology. Scientists were creating their own breed of animals, which eventually turned against their creators.

A handful of Hunters bravely fought off these creatures, and unearthed more messages from Flowen. As they delved underground, they discovered that Flowen had been wounded in the battle with Dark Falz and was taken by force to Gal Da Val with other life forms. Once there, he was absorbed by a bio-weapon known as Olga Flow. Olga Flow was able to take on the appearance of Heathcliff Flowen, but the Hunters saw through his ruse and were able to destroy him.

Episode III
In 3090, Principal Tyrell was supplanted by Dol Grisen because Tyrell had been unable to explain the destruction of Pioneer 1. Under Grisen's dictatorial rule, Pioneer 2 declared its independence from Coral. Grisen, in his lust for more power, allocated the majority of the ship's resources to the military -- primarily towards the development of cloning Technology.

As Pioneer 2's scientists researched cloning in accordance with Grisen's mandate, they discovered an energy source that rivaled Photon in power. This technology, dubbed C.A.R.D. Technology, is able to seal the world's phenomena into cards. These cards can hold anything from animals and weapons to skills and techniques, which can be instantly materialized at the whim of the user. To increase the development of C.A.R.D. Technology, Pioneer 2 began the colonization of Ragol.

A group of Hunters on Pioneer 2 are allowed to use this experimental C.A.R.D. Technology to help carry out the requests of scientists, who are directly under Grisen's command. Most requests are to counter the acts of a rebel group known as Arkz. The Arkz have learned how to replicate C.A.R.D. Tech and have managed to apply it to the creatures of Ragol. With their new found power, the Arkz fight against the development of Ragol by Pioneer 2's government.

Also, I'll attach notes from Blue Burst and Blue Star Memories. Well an Updated episode 1/2 information file. The Blue Star memories backs up most of episode 3 and Blue Burst. With all these excerpts. you can paint a full PSO timeline and realize..

BB stuff

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVLT5IXQ

Updated EP 1/2/4 stuff

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIEL1H6M
Rick
Android
Android

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 11, '11, 1:12 am

Rick wrote:The Following is taken from the dialogue of Phantasy Star Zero and put in order:

~On Coral, Newmans are improved and perfected with the work of Mother Trinity
~Mother Trinity takes care of Coral and the people of Coral continue to polute and fight and ignore her
~Mother Trinity gets angry and starts wiping out humanity on Coral
~Mother Trinity moves to Arca (Moon) and bombs mankind back to the stoneage
~Mankind on Coral goes into a period called "The Great Blank" and much knowledge is forgotten
~Mother Trinity resurrects the Newmans as her slaves and servants since they are superior to humans
~During the Great Blank, people forget the name of the planet and the moon
~A word referring to dirt gradually becomes a reference to the planet, itself - Earth. No one cares about giving the moon a name.
~Humans re-emerge on the surface of the planet, and begin rebuilding.
~Humans find Casts, and begin re-activating them. The Humans and casts then begin a fledgeling civilization.
~Phantasy Star Zero occurs.

Well, if by chance PS0 Earth (AKA Coral) is the same planet where "PS2 Earthmen" came from, that would make PSO series set before the Classic PS games.

_
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Return to Phantasy Star General