Indiana Jones

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Favorite Indiana Jones move

(1)Indiana Jones & The Raiders Of The Lost Ark
40%
(2)Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom
20%
(3)Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
40%
(4)Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
No votes

Total votes : 5

Indiana Jones

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 12, '08, 6:45 pm

It's almost time for the new Indiana Jones movie to be out in theatres everywhere. Do you plan to go see this new movie?

For all of you Indiana Jones fans, I heard that the sci-fi channel will be showing all 3 previous Indiana Jones movies on this coming Saturday, I think it is. Check your local channel and listings to be sure of the dates and times.

It would be fun to watch all of these movies again.

Which Indiana Jones movie do you like best?

What do you like best or most about the Indiana Jones character?

And, what's your favorite Indiana Jones video game - Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis or Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby newsblade » Mon May 12, '08, 9:11 pm

"Fate of Atlantis" is the best of them all. Puzzles, graphics, story, script, soundtrack, and the environment are amazing. Probably the best adventure-game out there (IMO). They should have made the movie based on this game, not based on ET skulls.

"Indy3" is not so good, but goes next, after that, only the "Emperor's Tomb". There's also "Desktop Adventures" (an Indy version of Yoda's stories) which is entertaining (nothing more than that) and two other games "The revenge of the ancients" (a text adventure) and "Best Adventures" (Snes) that I didn't play yet.

The only think I liked on "Infernal Machine" was the Drew Struzan Artwork and the inclusion of Sophia (my favorite Indy girl). The story is not bad but the game itself just sucks (even for the time it was released). Worst than those are perhaps “Temple of Doom”, "Last Crusade" and “Fate of Atlantis” platform/action games.

What do you like best or most about the Indiana Jones character?

I think it was Harrison Ford's acting.

Which Indiana Jones movie do you like best?

My favorite is Crusade and I think is because I watched the other two since I was five and only 7 years later I found this one. Since I was 13 I felt a little more impact than the other two (the first time I watched it).

People usually say that Temple of Doom was the worst of the three. "No *, No archeology, No Marcus and Salah." Well, to me that make it the most original and every time I read bad reviews about this prequel in comparison with other two I like it even more. The movie is quick, doesn’t have boring moments and the dialogues are funny. It also has the most memorable parts to me (dinner, bugs, kalima, bridge, rails, cylinder, kids, etc.). I think Raiders is the favourite of the majority and I can also understand why.

About the new movie
I'm going to see it of course, especially because I never had the chance to watch it on the big screen. However my expectations are very very very very low. (or, at least, I'm trying to have low expectations to be surprised on the D-day). I don't know if they got lucky on the trilogy but this movie will certainly be the worst - how do I know? - because the others were perfect.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Rudo » Fri May 16, '08, 6:40 am

I am looking forward to the new Indy movie. I liked all of the others. The one that Sean Connery was in as Indy's Father was really neat. I hope this new one is half as good.

The thing I like best about Indiana Jones - his whip! 8)
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Thoul » Mon May 19, '08, 10:36 pm

I got to see most of the movies this weekend. I'm glad, because it had been a very long time since I watched them. They're all good, but I think I like Last Crusade the best. From what little I know about the new movie, it is going to take a lot of hints from Raiders and Last Crusade, so I think it will be really good. I'm looking forward to catching it in the theater.

Never played any of the games based on Indy. I figured they would be disappointing like most movie games.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 20, '08, 4:27 am

I'm glad you got to see the Indy movies, Thoul! I remembered to watch some of it too, although, I did miss a little of it.

My favorite Indy movie is the first one - Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

I am looking forward to seeing this new one and seeing how it stands up to the other three. I hope it's good, and from all the reviews I have heard today, it seemed to do quite well at the Cannes Film Festival this past weekend.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 28, '08, 11:58 pm

I heard that the new "Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull" movie has made over $300 Million worldwide, with about $150 million of that in the USA alone. Indy had the second biggest opening coming behind "Pirates Of The Carribbean" movie released last year, I think it was.

That's pretty darn good, I'd say. I wonder since this movie seems to have gone over fairly well, if they are considering doing a sequel to this one - that would make 5 Indian Jones movies - wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

What do you think, would you like to see another Indiana Jones movie made, or not?
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Thu May 29, '08, 8:31 pm

I'd like to see another, but this movie gave me the impression that his story is done. As one might expect, the ending sort of hinted at a passing of the torch.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby newsblade » Fri May 30, '08, 12:40 am

I can't describe it.... it was so terrible. the prairie dogs, the monkeys against Russians.... the refrigerator!?... Everything was so... what was that script!? The aliens were tolerable compared to the rest, I guess Believe me I didn't expected anything extraordinary but... it went worst than I thought!

A 5th installment? No thanks, especially if they want to make the adventures of "the son of Indiana Jones". It won't work.... I'm sorry but I'm very mad with this

I heard that the new "Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull" movie has made over $300 Million worldwide, with about $150 million of that in the USA alone. Indy had the second biggest opening coming behind "Pirates Of The Carribbean" movie released last year, I think it was.

They are making so much money because of the first 3 IJ movies, not because of this one. I can't believe I watched all that.... :cry: (and I never used these smiles before!)
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Fri May 30, '08, 1:07 am

I enjoyed the film, but there were a lot of moments that broke my suspension of disbelief. I have to agree that the refrigerator and Tarzan scenes were over the top on that. Especially that first one. Even if he did survive the blast itself, getting thrown around like that in the little box would have caused some serious injuries!

The whole aliens subplot was kind of out there, too. I mean really, they have skeletons made of crystal?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Feature Films