new Incredible Hulk movie

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

new Incredible Hulk movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 12, '08, 7:42 pm

Anyone planning to go see the new "Incredible Hulk" movie that is due out in theatres this week?

I haven't heard much about it so far, but it seems this movie will be very different than the other "Hulk" movie of a few years ago with actor Eric Bana playing the Hulk.

I don't know if that is a good thing, or not? Anyone here like the other "Hulk" movie? How true to the character do you think they stayed in the movie?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 13, '08, 7:59 pm

I thought the first movie was good. Bana never quite struck me as "right" for Banner, but he did a good job and the Hulk itself was good. The split scenes were the one thing I didn't like most.

This new movie seems to be based a lot more on the TV show than the comics from what I've seen so far, but there look to be a lot of comic elements in it, too. I hope to go see it, I think it will be pretty good. I've already heard that the actor playing Banner this time around won't be back for another because his changes to the script were mostly cut.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby luke » Sat Jun 14, '08, 3:10 pm

i read a review for this with the headline "the barely credible hulk," which is probably how i'll feel about it.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 16, '08, 9:03 pm

Anyone else ever go see this new Hulk movie. Was it any good?

I think it comes out on DVD sometime next week (Oct. 21, I think) and I was just wondering if it was worth buying or renting????

Comments or Opinions?????

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 17, '08, 4:25 am

I thought it was pretty good. The commercials call it "as good as Iron Man." I wouldn't go that far, but it's a decent Hulk movie. It's not entirely serious - there are several homages to the TV show and comics, some of which are humorous. It completely ignores the previous movie, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Feature Films