Independence Day

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Re: Independence Day

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jul 4, '12, 12:28 pm

Happy July 4th (Independence Day) to everyone here in the good ole USA!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

I hope you all get to celebrate the holiday today with some fine food, good friends, safe fireworks, and fantastic weather. I think I'll watch the movie "Independence Day" again. It's one of my favorites!

Happy Birthday America!!! :usa:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 4, '12, 6:05 pm

Happy Fourth, everyone! :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Wed Jul 4, '12, 10:15 pm

Yes happy 4th july to everyone !:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jul 3, '13, 7:02 pm

2013 Happy Independence Day to the USA on Thursday, July 4th!!! :usa: :usa: :usa:

Happy 237th birthday America!! :cake: :party: :usa:

Wishing everyone a joyous celebration and fun filled day with family, friends, and food!! :)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 5, '13, 1:29 am

So this is my view of the Boston fireworks. This is the Cambridge side of the Charles River. The red thing on the river is the barge the fireworks are launched from.

Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 4, '14, 3:28 am

Happy 238th birthday America on this July 04, 2014!! :usa: :cake: :usa:

Enjoy the day and holiday weekend ahead everyone!!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 4, '14, 4:04 am

Boston's celebration...yeah. Getting totally stormed out. They moved it from Friday due to hurricane Arthur headed this way, but rescheduled to today (the third) in spite of forecasts for storms. Well, it started storming crazy hard not long ago and the city drastically cut down the program. I'm in Waltham (west of Boston and Cambridge) and its raining hard, windy with lightning to boot. Don't want to imagine the scene along the Charles right now.

I just don't get why they didn't reschedule to Saturday, which has a fine forecast instead of gambling and losing on that gamble today. I was predicting this would happen.

But hey, natural fireworks. Happy Fourth!

Edit: Boston Globe link to the city's last minute decision to alter the program due to impending storm. http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/0 ... story.html

Edit 2: altered schedule turned into evacuation of the Charles River Esplanade, where events are held.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Jul 4, '14, 4:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 3, '15, 1:41 am

Happy 239th birthday to America on this coming Saturday, July 04, 2015! :usa: :usa: :usa:

It's a bit early but I know many people will begin celebrating early since the holiday will take place on a weekend, and some may have Friday off from work or whatever as well as the weekend.

So, how is everyone planning to celebrate on the fourth this year? Watching any fireworks displays? Family gatherings and cookouts? Traveling or vacation?

Oh, and one thing I wanted to mention that I read somewhere the other day. Please be respectful and mindful of our troops that have returned from combat duty when having fireworks displays as some of them may be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome and the loud fireworks may be a disturbance to them. One can only imagine what they may have went through in the War wherever they may have been stationed at and we need to remember them during this holiday celebration time as well.

Happy 4th everyone, and have a wonderful time!!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby MrKite » Fri Jul 3, '15, 5:59 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Happy July 4th (Independence Day) to everyone here in the good ole USA!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

I hope you all get to celebrate the holiday today with some fine food, good friends, safe fireworks, and fantastic weather. I think I'll watch the movie "Independence Day" again. It's one of my favorites!

Happy Birthday America!!! :usa:

Me too!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 3, '15, 6:43 pm

Nothing special planned here. The Boston Pops is doing a concert both tonight and tomorrow, with the fireworks being scheduled for tomorrow. We don't really have any special plans. I've gone once to the Boston Pops celebration, and honestly, that's enough. A fireworks display is a fireworks display to me, and when I was there last time, it was just way too many people for way too long a time. I can only tolerate huge crowds for so long, and getting around Boston today and tomorrow is likely to be a nightmare no matter your choice of transportation method.

For the last week or so we have had home fireworks going off in the neighborhood...funny, as I think they're all banned in Massachusetts. Our cats don't care for them.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday either way!

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to Holidays