Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, '13, 1:34 pm 
What game punished you and forced the most deaths, retries, or respawns upon you?

1. Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox): I didn't die all that much in my second play through of the game, but the first playthrough of the game I definitely took my lumps.

2. Smash TV (SNES): This game truly takes no prisoners, it's almost unfair, but for some reason it's a hard game to stop playing.

3. Aion (PC): I don't think it was the fact that Aion was that hard, but for some reason I was always trying to solo group content, and it often led to my quick demise, since I was a squishy mage.

Last edited by S4Blade on Sun Dec 22, '13, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, '13, 4:04 pm 
That's a hard one- I'd have to say it would be either Ys 1 & 2 for the Turbo CD, Ys: Oath in Felghana, or Hotline Miami.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, '13, 4:35 pm 
Easily Super Mario The Lost Levels. I played that several years ago. Got to the end, sure, but oh man, the deaths...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, '13, 4:46 pm 
Any of the Super Mario games. The Mega Man games. More recent games? Few bosses in Lost Odyssey. When i first started playing Skyrim.. I kept getting axed in the same spot over and over. Don't run into that problem as often now. But one in a while one of the attackers will use a shout and Ragdoll me off a cliff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, '13, 5:45 pm 
Lost Odyssey ?? Yes :! That is the game that I wanted to speak about ! Yes this game is really excellent but truly VERY hard ! :( I've never finished it but maybe, one day...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, '13, 8:52 pm 
You know, as far as sheer number of deaths, it has to be Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I've played that game more than just about any other game in my life, so I'm sure I've died a bazillion times.

For more "conventional" deaths, probably something like Ninja Gaiden for the NES or Snake Rattle 'n' Roll would take it, at least by relative time invested. To this day I still haven't beaten Snake Rattle 'n' Roll. That game is insane.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, '13, 9:14 pm 
Good point, Bragatyr. I've probably had more deaths in Brawl than any other game, but I guess a game like that should be excluded from this kind of question.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]