In Memory

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:27 pm

They're on the news all the time around here. It's hard to get away from the announcements sometimes.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 17, '07, 5:29 pm

SparkyIII wrote:Wow, really atentive to deaths...

Well, I wouldn't really say " attentive " , but rather maybe " recognize " instead.

Death is a part of life and when people do die that we (or the world as a whole) have known and loved because of their various contributions, etc., then it seems only right to recognize their passing and perhaps say a "thank you" for all they have done and a final goodbye, in a manner of speaking.

It does seem like so many well-known people have passed away this year, but then that is true every year if you think about it.

Remembering them here in this post thread, or other posts, is just one small way of recognizing them and celebrating their life, even though they have passed on.

Also, If you will notice, I have tried to include information links to the person who has passed away which will also recognize their career or other achievements they have made in some way, so we can all become more familiar with them and see just how they may have been an influence on our lives, our parents' lives, etc., and the world as a whole.

I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but I think it is important that we recognize and remember these people. :) :yes:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 17, '07, 5:38 pm

Condolences and sympathy to the family, friends, and fans of singer / songwriter, Dan Fogelberg, who recently passed away. :tombstone:

Dan Fogelberg - (1951-2007)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22287199/?GT1=10645

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1199245/
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Previous

Return to Entertainment