In a Game & Watch mood! :D

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

In a Game & Watch mood! :D

Postby MrKite » Wed Aug 15, '12, 8:40 am

I decided to get some Game & Watch stuff. So far I've bought "Game & Watch Gallery 2" on the 3DS Virtual Console as well as some individual Game & Watch titles that were available as DSi Ware on the 3DS. Never really checked out Game & Watch much in the past. I was expecting to be bored after 2 minutes, but I found myself playing many of the games alot longer than I had planned.

Chef
Vermin
Helmet
Parachute
Green House

My current top 5 Game & Watch titles in no particular order.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: In a Game & Watch mood! :D

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 15, '12, 5:45 pm

I wish Nintendo would release the old Zelda Game and Watch again. I've never had a chance to play it, but it used two screens. In a way, it looks like a very early DS. It seems like a title that would make a great fit on the DSi or 3DS.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Thu Aug 16, '12, 5:07 am

Didn't know there was a Zelda one. Wonder what it would've been like if there was a Metroid Game & Watch or a Star Fox Game & Watch.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 6, '13, 6:18 pm

Ah, the double screen Game and Watch ! Donkey Kong was based on the same model as Zelda and...I still have the DK one ! With the orange colour. At the time, it was a great entertainment to play those games !
And yes, it's a lot like the Nintendo DS : GandW is the ancestor of the DS.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Retro Roundup