Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Impulse Buying
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, '09, 1:50 pm 
Do you ever buy games on impulse? Impulse meaning in this context that you didn't plan to buy the game in advance, but you saw it for sale somewhere and just had to get it. Interestingly, a recent study in Canada found that about 40% of the games sales in that country come from this kind of purchase.

I do this on occasion, but usually only if I find a game used or on clearance for a really great price. I won't spend $30+ on an impulse buy, $10 or less is something I might do.

Post subject: Re: Impulse Buying
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, '09, 2:22 pm 
I don't usually impulse buy with games. But I do occasionally with DVDs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, '09, 5:28 pm 
I do, especially if the game is hard to find. Deadly Creatures would be an example of this, where I found it for 17 bucks, but I had a gift card that effectively knocked it down to 7 bucks. This was a game I wanted at some point, but at the time, I had no plans to buy it. But I did buy it, and totally worth it. :up:

Does spending 140 on Earthbound also count as an impulse purchase since I had no preconceived notion of getting it at the time? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, '09, 9:23 am 
I'll just say I'm probably one of those 40% in Canada and leave it at that... >_>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, '09, 6:09 am 
Yes, especially on Ebay. That's all I'll say. :lol:

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]