Image of the Day

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 2, '07, 5:31 am

I completely forgot to do an image for Monday, so here's one for Monday and Tuesday. These are "Tears for Father" and "Demi in Chains." Not avatars, for a change.

ImageImage
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 3, '07, 1:37 am

Are those ropes around Demi? I've never been able to tell for sure... :glasses-slip:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:21 am

I used to think they were chains or something. Though now that I think about it, they look more to me like organic vines.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 4, '07, 2:43 am

Could be a very, very thick spider web. :lol:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 4, '07, 8:32 am

I originally thought it was chains, but lately I've come to believe they are vines as well. I've been working on a map of Zio's Fort, where this scene is from, and there are a lot of vines in the place. The walls of the Fort look like they're just one big mass of intertwined vines.

I missed doing an image yesterday for various reasons (power outages, not feeling well, etc etc etc). So, here's a set of several for yesterday and today.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Would you believe that for the 100th cutscene in PSIV, they chose this image of a starry night sky? I just don't get that at all.

I always liked the psycho-wand scene. Aside from Elsydeon, I think it's the only image shown in detail in the classic series.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Oct 5, '07, 12:57 am

Thoul wrote:I originally thought it was chains, but lately I've come to believe they are vines as well. I've been working on a map of Zio's Fort, where this scene is from, and there are a lot of vines in the place. The walls of the Fort look like they're just one big mass of intertwined vines.
That's true, the walls look overgrown there. I hadn't thought about that before; the two structures that show up overnight, Zio's Fort and Garuberk Tower, both look organic on the inside. Strange. :?

Would you believe that for the 100th cutscene in PSIV, they chose this image of a starry night sky? I just don't get that at all.
I don't remember that one... is it after the Psycho-Wand scene?

I always liked the psycho-wand scene. Aside from Elsydeon, I think it's the only image shown in detail in the classic series.
Seconded! It's nice to get to see the weaponry in detail.

BTW, I don't like Juza; he doesn't have pupils, and he has a mullet. Not exactly the scariest combination. :eyebrow:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Fri Oct 5, '07, 1:42 am

The $ Avenger wrote:BTW, I don't like Juza; he doesn't have pupils, and he has a mullet. Not exactly the scariest combination. :eyebrow:

Looks like his hair is slicked back if you ask me. I don't see the mullet, though... :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 5, '07, 5:41 am

Juza's hair is definitely slicked back IMO. He maybe has a baby mullet, but not too much of one I'd say.

I don't remember that one... is it after the Psycho-Wand scene?

Yeah. They're both part of the death of Alys sequence. The night sky image is the first in the bit where Rune and Rika talk to Chaz the night after they bury Alys.

The image of the day for Friday is "Fortress of Zio."

That's true, the walls look overgrown there. I hadn't thought about that before; the two structures that show up overnight, Zio's Fort and Garuberk Tower, both look organic on the inside. Strange. :?

Right... I guess maybe it's easier to "grow" a building overnight than to build one. They must have some kind of super Miracle Grow.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Oct 6, '07, 1:12 am

Thoul wrote:Right... I guess maybe it's easier to "grow" a building overnight than to build one. They must have some kind of super Miracle Grow.
:rofl: Kind of odd since DF and the PD are the antithesis of life; death!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 6, '07, 10:36 am

Good point. I always thought of Garuberk as an extension of DF's own body, but the vine thing is an unusual tactic even so. But then, they do tend to create life that suits their purposes, like the biomonsters.

Saturday's image of the day is "Medical Power."

A useful skill, but I wish it would restore as much energy in battle as it did in the cutscene.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Images