Image of the Day

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 20, '07, 12:01 am

That's the best one of Rune in the game too, if you ask me!

Though I also like the one post-DF1 where he can't believe it was that easy... I found that one to be very humorous, since both you (the player if you've played any of the other games in the series,) and Rune feel like that beating DF1 is like an Act 1 climax, instead of the real climax! :p
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 20, '07, 12:31 am

I remember the first time I played PSIV and ran into that Dark Force, I was really surprised to see it so early in the game. It made me think that maybe the game was going to end after that fight. I'm glad that was only the beginning.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 20, '07, 2:01 am

Thoul wrote:I remember the first time I played PSIV and ran into that Dark Force, I was really surprised to see it so early in the game. It made me think that maybe the game was going to end after that fight. I'm glad that was only the beginning.
Me too. I was anxious every time it kept showing up.... "is it over? Please don't be!!"
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 21, '07, 8:44 am

Yeah, no kidding. In any other game, each of them would have been an end boss.

Since I was too busy to do an image of the day yesterday, here's two for that and one for today. These are Mito the fortune teller, "Under Her Wing," and "Chaz in Zema." The last replaces an older image from the galleries with this new brighter version. All of these are avatars, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Sep 22, '07, 12:23 am

I forgot there even was a fortune teller in PSIV. That's got to be one of the few carryovers from PSIII!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Sat Sep 22, '07, 4:34 pm

The lousy part of that is, she foresaw Alys' fate, but didn't say anything about it beforehand. In a way, it is almost her fault.

And speaking of carryovers from PSIII, today's Image of the Day is "Escape Ship," the cutscene from PSIV that shows a PSIII worldship. This one is an avatar, too.

A little known fact about this cutscene: it can be slightly different, depending on who is in your party when you view the scene. If Alys is present, she will say a line, but you can skip this scene and get it later in the game. I haven't tried all the possible combinations yet, so I'm not sure what everyone will say.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Sep 23, '07, 12:50 am

Thoul wrote:The lousy part of that is, she foresaw Alys' fate, but didn't say anything about it beforehand. In a way, it is almost her fault.
[center]Image
*Slap*

A little known fact about this cutscene: it can be slightly different, depending on who is in your party when you view the scene. If Alys is present, she will say a line, but you can skip this scene and get it later in the game. I haven't tried all the possible combinations yet, so I'm not sure what everyone will say.
What!? You're a wonderful source of all sorts of new information!

Also, has anyone ever compared that screenshot to the Alisa III monitor? I just wondered if it was the same layout. :hmm:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Sun Sep 23, '07, 2:21 am

Mito was her name, wasn't it? I never did like her for that reason. :evil:

The Komrade wrote:Also, has anyone ever compared that screenshot to the Alisa III monitor? I just wondered if it was the same layout. :hmm:

They're similar, but it's hard to tell... There's desert in the middle like the Alisa III, (Aridia) but it's kinda tricky to make out which domes are similar when it comes to the other 6, though the river stemming out from the bottom would give a clue. The closest dome looks like either Terminus or Draconia, but I'm going with Draconia since Aquatica would be to the right of it in the picture. (not to mention, that dome looks like Aquatica with how a good part of it is water) Then, going clockwise from the closest dome, it seems to match up with Terminus, (though it seems to be lacking water) Frigidia, Elysium, Landen, (also lacking water, but if you color the brown as blue in there, it'd look like Landen from the game) then Aquatica. :D

Makes me wonder...if all the worldships were set up the same?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Sep 23, '07, 2:22 am

Tsunami wrote:They're similar, but it's hard to tell... There's desert in the middle like the Alisa III, (Aridia) but it's kinda tricky to make out which domes are similar when it comes to the other 6, though the river stemming out from the bottom would give a clue. The closest dome looks like either Terminus or Draconia, but I'm going with Draconia since Aquatica would be to the right of it in the picture. (not to mention, that dome looks like Aquatica with how a good part of it is water) Then, going clockwise from the closest dome, it seems to match up with Terminus, (though it seems to be lacking water) Frigidia, Elysium, Landen, (also lacking water, but if you color the brown as blue in there, it'd look like Landen from the game) then Aquatica. :D
That's exactly the type of description I was hoping for! Thanks! :yes:

Makes me wonder...if all the worldships were set up the same?
That's my reason for asking too!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Sun Sep 23, '07, 2:37 am

No problem. I never would've considered any of that before if you hadn't of asked. :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Images