Image of the Day

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Image of the Day

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 4, '07, 5:50 am

I have set a new goal for myself: to add a new image to the site's galleries every day. It might be from any of the PS games, a new scan or something special. I may occasionally miss a day, but when that happens I may try to make up for it the next time with an additional image.

Rather than having an update topic for each day, each Image of the Day will be posted in this topic. You're welcome to comment on the images, suggest a theme for a future Image of the Day, etc.

The first image of the day is Alys and Chaz near Piata, from PSIV:
Last edited by Thoul on Thu Nov 1, '07, 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Aug 4, '07, 11:25 pm

I love this image. This was when I knew PSIV was going to be REALLY awesome. I think I played PSIV for about 12 straight hours before stopping when I first got the game. Ah, a classic!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Sun Aug 5, '07, 12:05 am

The Komrade wrote:I love this image. This was when I knew PSIV was going to be REALLY awesome. I think I played PSIV for about 12 straight hours before stopping when I first got the game. Ah, a classic!
I'm so with you on that!
Though.. for a slightly shorter time I think.

I just realised, that image.. from what we see in game, Piata is facing "South", and as Aeido is to the "North", Alys and Chaz traveled "South" , so couldn't have possibly seen Piata from that angle.. unless they looped round..

I know, it's just the way they had to portray things in a 2D world, but meh. :p
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 5, '07, 12:34 am

Nice catch, DD. :D I never noticed that about the image, but you're right. I guess they took the long way around. ;)

I always liked that image, too. I thought it was one of the more impressive pieces in PSIV and really helped to set the tone for the story that followed.

Today's Image of the Day is "Academy Principal" from PSIV.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Divine Dragon » Sun Aug 5, '07, 1:02 am

Ah, the Principal.. he never did pay the commission.. :grumpy:
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Aug 5, '07, 1:48 am

Divine Dragon wrote:Ah, the Principal.. he never did pay the commission.. :grumpy:
:lol: He didn't, did he?!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atolm » Sun Aug 5, '07, 2:56 am

The Komrade wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:Ah, the Principal.. he never did pay the commission.. :grumpy:
:lol: He didn't, did he?!

O_O
I never noticed that.He probably would have complained about it if it was ever brought up again.

And yes! I love these comic book style scenes. One of the reasons why I got into Phantasy Star!

I have a livejournal account, for awhile I have wanted to create Phantasy Star mood icons to go along with my journal but could never find the art big enough to make it work...
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 5, '07, 3:46 am

Very nice images. Hope to see more of them. :)
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 6, '07, 4:42 am

I'm running late today, so tomorrow we will have two images of the day.

I have a livejournal account, for awhile I have wanted to create Phantasy Star mood icons to go along with my journal but could never find the art big enough to make it work...

It's ironic... I've been working on some new icons for the site, but my problem has been finding art small enough to work. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 6, '07, 6:40 am

So, as promised, two images today. This time we have "Full Fledged Partner" and "For 100 Meseta", both from PSIV.

Image Image
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Aug 17, '07, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Featured Images