Igarashi follows Inafune, kickstarts not-Castlevania

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Igarashi follows Inafune, kickstarts not-Castlevania

Postby R-90-2 » Mon May 11, '15, 7:06 pm

Okay, so, given that Igarashi was let go from Konami, and that Konami seems to be wanting to do nothing at all with Castlevania (or really all that much with anything else), Koga Igarashi has decided to follow Keiji Inafune's career path and kickstart his own copyright-friendly Castlevania-ish game. It's gonna be a metroidvania, which should surprise no one, as this was the guy behind Symphony of the Night.

I would speculate over whether this would get off the ground, but he's gonna get the money, that's for sure.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Re: Igarashi follows Inafune, kickstarts not-Castlevania

Postby Snorb » Tue May 12, '15, 4:56 am

Didn't he make all the money he was asking for in four hours? =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to In the News