If you could ask the creators one question...

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

If you could ask the creators one question...

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 17, '07, 10:03 pm

If you could ask any of the people involved in creating the Phantasy Star games one question, what would you ask? Which person would you ask that question of?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Sep 18, '07, 1:01 am

Well, since you pointed out to me that the creators had some ideas in mind when creating the games, but did not explicitly state them, I'd ask: "What ideas did you hold in your mind in creating the games? Was it Ayn Rand's philosophy?"
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 18, '07, 3:46 am

my question would be the universal one... WHY THE HELL DID YOU KILL ALYS!!!! *begins shaking fist angrily*
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Fri Sep 21, '07, 10:59 am

Oooh, interesting topic! I do have many questions, (mostly about PSIII) so I'd probably end up asking whoever was in charge about the about details regarding the original plan before they changed it -- it would've been pretty cool to know more about the potential that was there! :o

Kaloes wrote:my question would be the universal one... WHY THE HELL DID YOU KILL ALYS!!!! *begins shaking fist angrily*

:rofl:

Y'know, I read somewhere that it was originally planned to have Alys die at Tonoe.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Sep 22, '07, 12:46 am

Tsunami wrote:Y'know, I read somewhere that it was originally planned to have Alys die at Tonoe.
No, I don't recall having heard that! I'm glad that they kept her around as long as they did!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Sat Sep 22, '07, 2:45 am

The Komrade wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Y'know, I read somewhere that it was originally planned to have Alys die at Tonoe.
No, I don't recall having heard that! I'm glad that they kept her around as long as they did!

Yeah, I guess they changed it since it'd be kinda sudden for her to just die there on the spot. That, and there wouldn't be much impact on the player.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Sep 22, '07, 3:48 pm

When I read that, I got the impression that the event would have happened at the same time, just at Tonoe instead of Krup. My guess was that they planned to use Alys' apparent relationship with Rune and Dorin as part of the backdrop for the death scene.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Sep 23, '07, 1:51 am

Thoul wrote:When I read that, I got the impression that the event would have happened at the same time, just at Tonoe instead of Krup. My guess was that they planned to use Alys' apparent relationship with Rune and Dorin as part of the backdrop for the death scene.
I wonder how they would've tied that to the storyline. Maybe Zio attacks Tonoe while Chaz and Alys are there?
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Sep 23, '07, 10:38 am

The universal question would of course be why the heck Nei was killed. That was really something new and radical. As with Alys, there I wonder why Chaz didn't simply duck. Alys had the reflex to jump in front of him, surely Chaz, as a skilled hunter, would have gotten enough time to get out of the way.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Shinuzzo » Sun Sep 23, '07, 5:27 pm

I think Chaz was still surprised that his attacks weren't doing anything to Zio.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Next

Return to Classic Series