if there was to be a phantasy star film series...

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: if there was to be a phantasy star film series...

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Sep 2, '10, 12:59 pm

Well, I don't enjoy too much anime, so I'd prefer live action movies. Anyway, the only games I see fit for a movie would be PSII and PSIII, though PSIII would have to choose a path, unless it wanted to become some of those crazy movies with alternative storylines running in parallel.

PSI could be adapted with changes in focus, like focusing more on Lassic doings, background things, less on battles (only key battles). PSIV has a plot too shallow and infantile, so a major reworking would have to be done, cutting all the useless emotional references to other PS and the humorless humor. After all, who'd want to watch a series with a serious and deep installment (PSII) and a cliché children manga (PSIV)?
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Re: if there was to be a phantasy star film series...

Postby xellos667 » Thu Sep 2, '10, 1:20 pm

@black dahlia: Indeed. Sands of Destruction (by Sega) got their own anime show, why not Phantasy Star?

Phantasy Star Universe was already presented like an 12 episodes anime show, with opening, ending, preview of the next episode. And Phantasy Star Zero anime look and cliche story was begging to be converted to an anime. I don't think there's much hope for a series about the old Phantasy Star, but I saw a lot of potential for the newer to be turned into a series, and Sega never did it.
Last edited by xellos667 on Thu Sep 2, '10, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Previous

Return to Classic Series