Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If someone other then Sega were to develop a Phantasy Star game, who do you think would do the best job?
Atlus 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Bioware 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Level 5 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Monolith Soft 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tri-Ace 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, '08, 3:04 am 
Here's a listing of some of the games these companies have devloped if you're not familar with their work.

Atlus: Shin Megami Tensei/ Persona Series, Etrian Odyssey

Bioware: Baldur's Gate Series, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect

Level 5: Dark Cloud series, Dragon Quest VIII, Jeanne D'Arc, Rogue Galaxy

Monolith Soft: Chrono Trigger*, Chrono Cross*, Xenogears*, Xenosaga series, Baten Kaitos series.
* These were made by former employees while working with Square.

Tri-Ace: Star Ocean series, Valkyrie Profile series, Radiata Stories

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, '08, 3:46 am 
you didn't add Namco, creators of the almighty Tales of series.. PSIV with Tales of Destiny or Tales of the Abyss battle system FTW!!! Go Rika GO!! :happy_marle:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, '08, 5:04 am 
Well, Namco doesn't do development work for other companies. They did work on the Triforce board with Nintendo and Sega though so I guess it wouldn't be too much of a reach. I mainly put Atlus in the poll mainly because Etrian Odyssey is somewhat similar to the original Phantasy Star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, '08, 5:39 am 
Lol, I've only heard of the baldurs gate series. So my vote wouldn't do much XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, '08, 9:47 pm 
I think all of those companies could do a great job with the series. But overall I think Level 5 would be able to capture the fantasy and sci-fi mix best. Monolith Soft and Tri-Ace could certainly do great things with that, but I think Level 5's take on it would just be more enjoyable. Plus, since Level 5 is developing for Nintendo now, they could continue to strengthen Sega's relationship with the old rival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, '08, 11:31 pm 
I would say BioWare since they make some of the best RPGs ever, but this is a JRPG and should stay with the Js, so out of those I think Atlus fits the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, '08, 6:42 pm 
I liked the Shadow Hearts series, I'd get that team together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, '08, 1:03 am 
I guess that's a vote for feelplus since Aruze disbanded Nautilus. It sucks that it's likely there'll be no more Shadow Hearts games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, '08, 5:09 pm 
No I think they pretty much wore out the formula with the latest one. I wouldn't mind seeing the Ring of Judgement battle system applied to a different kind of story, though. It made battles more interactive and for a JRPG, that's a Good Thing(tm).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 3, '08, 2:24 am 
i think Tri-Ace would be good for remaking one of the phantasy stars. the games they make have unique battle systems, such as with valkyrie profiles button mash attacks for battle and star ocean's free run for battles.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next