If Sega made a Super Smash Bros. Game?!

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

If Sega made a Super Smash Bros. Game?!

Postby Lucas » Mon Oct 13, '08, 10:58 am

Think about it Nintendo has various characters from all of their games slugging it out to see who's the strongest what if Sega did the same kinda thing. I love fighting games and I would sure as hell love to play a fighting game with phantasy star characters. I can see Alis, Rika and even Rune skillfully tackling Sonic characters, Shinobi and other sega mascots. I think it would be a pretty decent game idea. What do who guys and gals reckon?

Dark Force in his 3rd form from PSIV would be a great big boss character too. Kinda like Giga Bowser :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Mon Oct 13, '08, 5:11 pm

XD I'd love to see a Sega version of Super Smash Brothers. In fact, I'd like to see a Phantasy Star edition of Super Smash Brothers. That would be epic win! Alis vs. Alys; Nei vs. Rika; it would be hilarious~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Oct 13, '08, 6:51 pm

Just as long as there are crazy items to make things interesting, I'd approve...the items and the unpredictability they bring is what makes Smash Bros so awesome. Certainly the items needn't be the same as the ones in Smash Bros (well...some...Sega versions of Assist Trophies, maybe final smashes for everyone, and of course, there MUST be explosives) but they would have to be there.

Lemina wrote:Alis vs. Alys; Nei vs. Rika; it would be hilarious~

Oh, there are funnier matches than that...Rune vs. Noah/Lutz, Chaz vs. Alys...but the best one would be, hands down, Wren vs. Demi. Imagine the following, and let's pretend that there are final smashes...

*Wren and Demi are fighting somewhere...doesn't matter where. Both are taking some good damage, then a smash ball appears. Both proceed to attack it and Demi manages to land the last blow and grab it.*

Demi: *Wolf from SSBB style.* We're gonna have fun with this thing! *Leaps into air...then reappears, now in Land Rover. Proceeds to repeatedly run over Wren until he is KO'ed.*

I don't hate Wren, I just love Demi...and that image makes me laugh. :D
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 14, '08, 12:48 am

That would be awesome. It would be an excellent way to bring back all of Sega's old mascots and original characters that aren't appearing much these days. Sonc vs. Alis vs. Vyse! Sega's got a huge library of characters and items they could use. Golden rings, trimates, and so on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Shinuzzo » Tue Oct 14, '08, 6:26 am

Hopefully, Sega's line-up choices would be better then in Sega Superstar Tennis.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Lucas » Tue Oct 14, '08, 8:39 am

Shinuzzo wrote:Hopefully, Sega's line-up choices would be better then in Sega Superstar Tennis.

Yeah if Sega was to make such a game I would hope its cast would be much better then its sports series mascot choices :blank:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby DrkTr14ce » Tue Oct 14, '08, 5:16 pm

Hmm...a Sega themed Smash Bros....I'm sure someone at the company has thought about it, or at least is pestering Nintendo about letting in more of their characters. (Please, do not put in other Sonic characters!)

But in all honesty, it could be a damn good game. If they emulate the core ideas of Smash Bros. and throw in their own flair (Sort of like what they tried to do with Sega Superstar Tennis. Killing zombies with tennis balls FTW.), they'd be back on top..sort of.

But who are we kidding, eh? They're too busy with Sonic Unleashed and Sonc and The Black Knight...Sonic and The Black Brotherhood...Is that the right title? The DS RPG from Bioware?
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Lemina » Wed Oct 15, '08, 12:53 am

Caged Wolf wrote:
*Wren and Demi are fighting somewhere...doesn't matter where. Both are taking some good damage, then a smash ball appears. Both proceed to attack it and Demi manages to land the last blow and grab it.*

Demi: *Wolf from SSBB style.* We're gonna have fun with this thing! *Leaps into air...then reappears, now in Land Rover. Proceeds to repeatedly run over Wren until he is KO'ed.*

XD

Is that Sonic RPG any good? I'm hugely curious about that game. It's totally unSonic, but yet I like the Sonic cast and I like RPGs, so, yeah.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 15, '08, 2:13 am

DrkTr14ce wrote:Hmm...a Sega themed Smash Bros....I'm sure someone at the company has thought about it, or at least is pestering Nintendo about letting in more of their characters. (Please, do not put in other Sonic characters!)

For some reason, though, Brawl just seems as if it is the last Smash title Nintendo is going to make. As they've put in a big adventure mode and probably come as realistically close as they can to preventing exploitation of game mechanics (not nearly as much chain grabbing in Brawl, no more wave dashing from Melee) and the character roster that's quite balanced and fairly diverse (no more clone characters as in Melee) I don't know what else they can really do with it other than add more characters and stages. Though, I wish what Nintendo would do is have downloadable content for Brawl, such as characters, stages and assist trophies. If they ever did that, I can't see any reason to prevent Sega from adding some of their characters as downloadable content. I'd love to see the Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus or the Photo man from Earthbound as assist trophies.

I may also just be spouting rubbish and Nintendo will release another smash title on whatever its next platform is...and maybe some more Sega characters, hopefully some NOT from Sonic, would make it in, along with most characters from Brawl making a return. I will admit I'm pretty happy with the Brawl roster, but I certainly won't complain if more characters get added in some form in the future!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Wed Oct 15, '08, 2:19 am

Caged Wolf wrote:For some reason, though, Brawl just seems as if it is the last Smash title Nintendo is going to make.

I feel the same thing I have never played Brawl yet but something tells me it is the final game. But if there is enough fan demand I dare say Nintendo would think of a possible sequal. I hope.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Next

Return to General Gaming