If continued from PSIII...

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

If continued from PSIII...

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 30, '09, 8:02 pm

Phantasy Star III had four similar, but different endings. They ship either arrived on an unknown planet, continued on into space, or wound up at Earth. If the series were to continue with a game that picked up the threads of one of those endings, which ending do you think would provide the best story opportunities?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: If continued from PSIII...

Postby ThugsRook » Sun Aug 30, '09, 8:22 pm

good question, never thought about it before.

in PS3 they realize the "evil" will follow them.
the right thing to do would be for the ship to head back to Algo.
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 30, '09, 9:01 pm

That would be a long trip back, wouldn't it? They're two thousand years out from Algo. I guess they'd be getting back around 3000 years after PSIV ended.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThugsRook » Sun Aug 30, '09, 9:09 pm

Thoul wrote:That would be a long trip back, wouldn't it? They're two thousand years out from Algo. I guess they'd be getting back around 3000 years after PSIV ended.

im going to have to assume that these ppl arent going to want to leave the ship anyways. after all this time what do they need a planet for? may as well just stay on the ship while going home.

i know, its not a very exciting storyline for a video game.
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Darkil » Mon Aug 31, '09, 1:34 pm

Unless it plays out that you start out on the ship, then it crashes on Parma or Dezolis. Of course that would kill untold numbers of people [with your party surviving of course], but afterwards it unleashes the evil trapped in the ship and you have to venture out to destroy the evil and start a new life. It sounds cheesy but it has some possibilities.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby ThugsRook » Mon Aug 31, '09, 7:32 pm

the events in PS3 were very widespread. pretty much everyone on the ship now knows its a ship and whats going on. in a thousand years they should be well prepared for the next attack.

in PS4 we could assume all the events became common knowledge. unlike PS2 our PS4 heroes would be praised as heroes. again in a thousand years these ppl should be well prepared for the next attack. (which actually already happened in PS3)
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Postby ThugsRook » Wed Sep 2, '09, 8:32 pm

you know whats missing? a PSIII prequal, a game that takes place during the Layan/Orakian war, their first millenium. (takes place at the same time as PSIV)
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 2, '09, 9:00 pm

That would be pretty good. There's prequel potential in PS1 too, with the stuff about Medusa being resurrected. I could see her in a game as an early Lassic type.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hugues » Mon Sep 7, '09, 7:35 pm

I also think a PSIII prequel would work better than a sequel. Sticking to sequels though.. of the four endings, I think Sean's has the most potential. At at the end of his story they are contacted by the Neo Palm, the only other surviving ship. They are also aware of Dark Force which at least implies they have their own variant that returns on the same cycle.

So I see two possibilities - 1) Sean and company travel over to the Neo Palm and engage on some quest there. 2) The Neo Palm lost to Dark Force and their contact is part of a trap.

The other endings all offer the possibility of discovering a new world that they explore/colonize.. wait, wasn't that called "Phantasy Star Online"? :p
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby H-Man » Thu Sep 30, '10, 12:20 pm

The problem with prequels (at least movie prequels, not sure about games) is that we already have a pretty good idea how things will turn out, even if the trip there holds a number of surprises. Although Sean's ending is more or less pretty open (he or his posterity could go to the Neo-Palm or could eventually find a planet to colonize), Adan's and Crys' endings, in which they discover planets that seem to be similar to Earth, but not quite, leave the possibility for not only PS:O-esque exploration, but for the introduction of lots of new elements compared to an exploration of the Neo-Palm, which may or may not be almost a carbon copy of the Alisa III.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III