Ideas for a PSII Hack

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 13, '07, 4:11 am

Divine Dragon wrote:
The Komrade wrote:Too bad it isn't like PSIII and PSI; those games don't use any compression for the text and is readable in a hex editor.
You could read it in a Hex Editor? That is interesting.. :?
Yes, you wouldn't think you'd be able to read some things directly in the hex editor, yet that is the case in both PSI and PSIII. I'll hopefully get around to hacking this title in the next few weeks. :stir:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 20, '07, 1:01 am

What? Come on, people! No hard version?! :rofl:

I'll see what I can cook up here in the next week, but then I'm getting invaded by house guests again. :sweat: I'll probably be preoccupied with finding those PSIII character portraits though. :bored:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Shinuzzo » Mon Aug 20, '07, 5:18 am

It's PSII it doesn't need to be harder. There's enough ways of making the game more difficult as it is.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 22, '07, 1:59 am

I'm thinking double experience from monsters would be nice. The amount of grinding in this game is insane.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Atolm » Wed Aug 22, '07, 2:31 am

The Komrade wrote:I'm thinking double experience from monsters would be nice. The amount of grinding in this game is insane.

YES! I agree with this completely.

I would be willing to try out a harder PS2. :D
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Aug 24, '07, 1:51 am

Atolm wrote:YES! I agree with this completely.

I would be willing to try out a harder PS2. :D
I can definitely accommodate that! Perhaps I'll do it like the PSI hacks; I'll make two versions: a harder version and a version that is similar to the original in difficulty.

Also, I was going over some of the Weapon and Armor lists, (haven't looked into the rom yet though) and there's some definite possibilities for some replacement equips like I made for PSI. If the game will allow changing a gun to say a new bar/claw, then I'll be able to create some new equips for Nei to use her for the entire game and have some leftover for new ones.

Even if it won't allow it, I'll figure out a way around it by altering her existing equips to balance out so that she's useful all the way to the end. If I can't figure out how to hack her to keep her available as a player-character throughout, then I'll just include the save-state hack address to force her into your party. Nei is going to be in this hack to the end, no matter what! :yes:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Atolm » Fri Aug 24, '07, 2:47 am

Sweet. I cannot wait to try this out. :)
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Aug 25, '07, 4:18 am

Yeah, I'm excited about it too. There's room for some nice changes in PSII, like Shir's Lac Daggers. That needs a fix for sure!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 6, '07, 3:14 am

Wonderful news! I looked into the PSII rom and you can make any type of equipment work for any character! Say hello to new weapons and armor for Nei!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 6, '07, 6:25 am

Does anybody know how damage is calculated in this game? I've been trying to amass some data, but I can't figure out the multipliers involved... :x
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More