I, now, pronounce you man and... video game.

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Re: I, now, pronounce you man and... video game.

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 29, '09, 5:36 pm

Tweeg wrote:<sigh> We're hanging out in places where the female populace would rather die rather than go into, places like GameStop and computer parts stores.

I'm a female who proudly marches into GameStop, the Exchange, Radio Shack, the Apple Store, and avoids Abercrombie and Fitch, the Gap and Victoria's Secret like the plague.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Srijita » Sun Nov 29, '09, 7:09 pm

Tweeg wrote:We're hanging out in places where the female populace would rather die rather than go into, places like GameStop and computer parts stores.

Many women are avid gamers, though. I was about to point out that this site's very own Caged Wolf is probably as skilled a hand at gaming as any boy, but she effectively beat me to it. :)

Actually, I'd like to think I already know who she is, but I've never had the guts to go meet her in person via the local anime club I participate solely through the website of.

Faint Heart never won Fair Lady. Why not follow your intuition? Good luck - we're all rooting for you.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 29, '09, 9:49 pm

Srijita wrote:Many women are avid gamers, though. I was about to point out that this site's very own Caged Wolf is probably as skilled a hand at gaming as any boy, but she effectively beat me to it. :)

Some guys at my college were absolutely terrified to face me as Ness one-on-one (and sometimes two-on-one) in Brawl. :D
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby PathfinderCS » Sun Dec 6, '09, 1:45 am

Srijita wrote:
Tweeg wrote:I'm in my late 20's, single, have some college education, have been steadily employed for over three years now, but have never had a girlfriend in my entire life! Real women need to step up their game... whatever game that may be. :?

Hey, the door swings both ways. I hardly ever meet available men. At work, married colleagues will sometimes ask: "Where were you when I was single?" But where are the nice, single guys looking for serious relationships? They need to step up their game... fast.

That's probably true. Most ladies I knew from high school have long left this area and have either married or will marry. Me? I'm here. :neenboo:

But yes, proclaiming love for a video game character in that fashion probably just shows there's a need of something that he never got from real life...and probably won't get.

I mean heck, when I was younger, I had a crush on a cartoon skunkette. Now, Krystal, the blue vixen, is cute, but that's about it.

But hey, if he's happy...*Shrugs.*

Yep, don't phase me. :knockout: :dog_laugh:
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby PathfinderCS » Sun Dec 6, '09, 1:47 am

Caged Wolf wrote:
Srijita wrote:Many women are avid gamers, though. I was about to point out that this site's very own Caged Wolf is probably as skilled a hand at gaming as any boy, but she effectively beat me to it. :)

Some guys at my college were absolutely terrified to face me as Ness one-on-one (and sometimes two-on-one) in Brawl. :D

Pansies, they are. I take a beating (with lag), but I keep coming back. :neenerneener:
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Dec 6, '09, 2:58 am

Captain Spyro wrote:Pansies, they are. I take a beating (with lag), but I keep coming back. :neenerneener:

That is because you're not a competitive-only player that takes this totally stupid game overly seriously all the time. :wink:

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 14, '09, 6:10 pm

Darkil wrote:Like some of the posts said, you know the world is in trouble when things like this don't even phase you..

I absolutely agree with you! :yes:

I don't think this is a case for women needing to step up their game, or whatever, though. I think women are doing just fine as it is now. :yes:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Abominae » Fri Jan 1, '10, 9:45 pm

The problem is with both genders. Most guys give up before ever speaking to the girl, and most girls look at the guy and focus on his faults as an excuse to shoot the guy down (as if women are perfect... :roll: ) Of course, some are just total _______ and the guy is better off by himself (till the swelling starts... :fiery:
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Tweeg » Sat Jan 2, '10, 12:22 am

Abominae wrote:... Most guys give up before ever speaking to the girl...

That defines me right there.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Previous

Return to In the News