I miss this game so

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

I miss this game so

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 19, '08, 3:02 am

After the countless days I worked getting my character into the hundreds, the countless hours of working my mag up from weak to great.. It was such a shame.. I miss this game so.. Even though it wasn't one of the best online games it sorta grew on me ya know
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Reno » Mon Jan 21, '08, 3:55 pm

What system did you play it on? There are free of charge private servers out there that you could join if you still want the online experience. Hint: Google search: "Schthack"

As for me, I kinda like going it solo. The game had a strange sort of ambiance to it that made it feel so epic, (despite there being only a few characters and next to zero plot or character development). Also the class system was really intriguing, I loved the tech users (Force) and always played as a FOnewn. I too was able to reach the 100's at one point in time... Great fun.
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 21, '08, 6:02 pm

I picked up the GameCube Episode I & II not too long ago. At some point, I hope to play through that. I only played the original Dreamcast version before. I doubt I'll be able to do online with it, but I'd at least like to see Episode II finally.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 21, '08, 7:50 pm

i was playin the PC version of the real server at once, then i stopped, began playin the private server awhile back and got far, but then my comp stopped playin that for some reason.. then i thought i'd go back to the PC version and then i heard they were shutting down so everything just seemed to die
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Reno » Mon Jan 21, '08, 10:14 pm

Thoul wrote:I picked up the GameCube Episode I & II not too long ago. At some point, I hope to play through that. I only played the original Dreamcast version before. I doubt I'll be able to do online with it, but I'd at least like to see Episode II finally.

Ah yes, Episode II was really quite amazing. Like you, I'd only played through the DC/PC version up until a few months ago when my friend gave me his old copy of the non-plus edition for the Gamecube. Have you played it yet? The first two areas of Episode II are just rehashed versions of the Spaceship and Temple areas that were only available in online multiplayer for the DC. After you get past those two though, you get to see the true Episode II levels which were absolutely gorgeous, (the areas actually have elevation!)

And to Kaloes; I know your pain... When I moved my PC files over to a new computer, my FOnewn was magically corrupted and no matter how many times I copy and pasted the original file, (also now corrupt) it would still come up with that error message. :(
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 22, '08, 7:31 am

Nope, I haven't played it yet. The last time I played PSO, the original DC Episode II was just coming out and I had gotten Episode I. So I missed all the Episode II stuff, even the online only levels.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Phantasy Star General