Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: I found a Frog!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, '10, 8:39 am 
This afternoon when I got home from work it was raining and I had to go around the back of the house to get in thanks to a family member locking the front door :grumpy: . Anyways I’m glad I did because I came around and found this brilliant green tree frog sitting in a puddle of water near our down pipe. I just thought I’d share it with you guys; I love frogs I think they’re amazing little animals. I thought the photos came out well too.

Post subject: Re: I found a Frog!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, '10, 8:43 am 
Awesome. I love frogs. x3

That frog looks sweet. You shoulda kept it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, '10, 3:48 am 
That is a cute frog, Lucas. I'm surprised it stayed still long enough for you to take these pictures. Very cool shade of green.

We found a very small frog outside not too long ago in one of the weirdest places I would have ever thought they would be....sitting inside our outside pets water bowl. I guess the frog was trying to stay cool on a very hot day. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, '10, 7:24 am 
Nice find. :) I see a frog every now and then, but they're usually brown. I can't recall ever finding a green one around here. Even the brown ones are rare, though.

Quote:We found a very small frog outside not too long ago in one of the weirdest places I would have ever thought they would be....sitting inside our outside pets water bowl. I guess the frog was trying to stay cool on a very hot day. :lol:

Maybe it was looking for bugs going near the water? That could be a good way for a frog to catch some dinner. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, '10, 8:44 am 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:We found a very small frog outside not too long ago in one of the weirdest places I would have ever thought they would be....sitting inside our outside pets water bowl.

We’ve had that happen, too but one time it was a dirty cane toad in the water bowl. :yuck:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, '10, 3:45 pm 
Ick with the Cane Toad thing. Aren't they invasive to Australia?

Anyway, nice pictures. He's a neat little thing. About how big was he?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, '10, 1:26 am 
Ha ha I had a Cane or King toad in my backyard a year or so ago...the thing was absolutely massive! I wasn't even sure what it was at first it was so huge!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, '10, 7:55 am 
Yeah Cane Toads are bloody everywhere at night. If walk out into the yard with a torch, I bet the first place I turn the torch onto will have a toad there.

@CW: The frog was roughly 10cm long. He looks like he’s about a year or two old, I'm guessing.

Last edited by Lucas on Mon Aug 16, '10, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, '10, 3:34 pm 
Awesome - a green frog! I've never seen any in my life. Only brown, warty toads...

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]