I did my first video with bass guitar.

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: I did my first video with bass guitar.

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Oct 24, '14, 5:51 am

Another one to share, Mystic Invasion, from Secret of Mana. I know this is one of Aeroprism's favorite soundtracks, we should just go ahead and cover the entire OST, ha ha.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Tanith » Fri Oct 24, '14, 7:25 am

Nice work! Coincidentally, I got caught in the Great Youtube Vortex the other day and wound up watching several bass guitar videos. You picked good tunes for showcasing interesting bass lines.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Oct 30, '14, 2:54 am

Thanks, Tanith! I love to hear a fun bass line in VG music, that's one of my favorite things about the genre.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Oct 30, '14, 3:05 am

I just gave the most recent video a listen - nice! I don't know anything about the original (and as I've said before, my knowledge of stringed instruments is limited), but I think you could get away with bringing out the bass part even more. I don't know what would be more effective, turning the volume on the bass up or lowering the other parts, but I wouldn't mind hearing just a liiiiiittle more emphasis there (so we can hear your great work, of course! ;) ).
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Oct 30, '14, 12:06 pm

I said it on youtube, I'll say here again: I enjoy your videos, they feel relaxed and unpretentious. You know, like an awesome roommate: it's 11PM on a friday night and you just sit on the couch, chilling while Bragatyr plays the bass. Relaaaaaaxed.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Thu Oct 30, '14, 5:08 pm

augmentedfourth wrote:I don't know what would be more effective, turning the volume on the bass up or lowering the other parts, but I wouldn't mind hearing just a liiiiiittle more emphasis there (so we can hear your great work, of course! ;) ).

I agree with this. Don't be afraid to put more emphasis on your own part!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Oct 31, '14, 5:09 pm

I probably would crank up the bass normally for a straight bass cover, but since I did the keyboard parts and enjoyed programming the drums I was just going for a normal mix that slightly emphasized the bass. Then again, my speakers are completely screwed, and I tend to be sensitive to the bass spectrum because I play bass anyway, so maybe my read on the mix is a little skewed. Aeroprism, I would be curious to know, does the bass sound about right to you, or could it come up? I didn't want to drown out everything else, and I noticed that at least on my speakers the drums are barely even audible in this newest one.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Nov 11, '14, 12:06 am

Mentioned this one in the Final Fantasy classic thread, so I had to post it. One of my faves from this awesome soundtrack. And it does happen to be the greatest bass line in video games!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Tue Nov 18, '14, 12:16 am

Love it! Especially that slide near the end. For some reason the whole thing reminds me of the work David Bowie did for the Labyrinth. Or David Bowie in general. Very spacy and dreamy. And... I have no better adjectives. Brain no longer brains.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Nov 18, '14, 2:10 am

Thank you very much, Tanith! That's awesome that it reminds you of David Bowie and Labyrinth, Labyrinth is my sister's favorite movie and I've seen it a bazillion times, ha ha. I can kind of see the similarity in the soundtracks, they both have that spacy, synthesizer vibe and pronounced bass. And David Bowie is very spacy and dreamy!

I'm glad you liked the slide, too, that was one of the only things I really did differently. Just kind of made sense for that long jump.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More