I can show you the world

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

I can show you the world

I can show you the world

View Gallery Page

I can show you the world

Postby Icecypher » Sat Feb 14, '15, 4:09 pm

Here is a pic of PS III I created for the PS group on deviantART.

Last night was kind of bad for me (not knowing if a friend of mine was fine or not for hours). The pic was already more than halfway through by then, and I decided to keep working on it as an alternative to start hitting the wall or throwing things, which would not be beneficial at all.

Now I wish I had chosen a more "friendship" and less "married love" theme for this, so I could use it as a Valentine's card for my friend (who may still be in delicate condition, but keeps checking his messages).

Anyway, here is my Valentine's pic for this year. I hope you like it. I used my new color pen set again. It is fun to create things with them.

Last edited by Icecypher on Fri Apr 24, '15, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Re: I can show you the world

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Feb 14, '15, 5:30 pm

Oooh, awesome! The amount of detail in the different domes is just fantastic, great work on those! (And it didn't hurt that you used my favorite PSIII couple, but whatever, I can admit my biases. :D ) I know very little about drawing art, but I like the texture of the pens, it's definitely got a different feel from a lot of your other works.

Bonus points for the chirper/rappy. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I hope your friend is doing okay. If you do send this along, regardless of the precise theme, I'm sure he'll be glad to know you've been thinking of him.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Feb 14, '15, 7:07 pm

Epic. You rock.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Snorb » Sun Feb 15, '15, 1:41 am

Thea: I am not putting clothes on. ^_^
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby MrKite » Sun Feb 15, '15, 3:30 pm

Love it! Well done!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Tanith » Tue Feb 17, '15, 2:38 am

Beautiful! I love the crosshatching!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Icecypher » Tue Feb 17, '15, 3:47 am

Thanks, everyone!

My friend seems better now. I will insist on the sharing his thoughts with someone close to him that he trusts. Carrying things all by oneself may have undesirable effects.

And thanks for liking the pic.

I think my own bias is evident in other pics I have uploaded (and my user profile pic).

BTW, let me say it here: I HATE chirpers! My second PS fan art was going to be the first hero from PS III, drawn in Rumiko Takahashi style (or the best I could emulate it), strangling one of those pests! I remember starting the game and having tons of the birds attacking me! They did 1 HP of damage, but there were so many of them, and I could not kill them quickly enough... I never finished inking it, but that is still a pic I want to finish someday. Now, PSP and PSP 2 made me like rappies a little more. But I am playing PS Nova (and loving it; dunno if it is the graphical presentation, but it does feel more centered in the story and characters than PSP did), and I love (to kill) those birds here! Especially since I want to create a costume that needs their rare drops (not droppings, thanksfully). But still hate chirpers!

And I love the crosshatching, as well. And it is mandatory in this case. I am able to do solid colors with ballpoint pens since I was young, but I mostly ever did it with black ink. I discovered colors get sometimes much darker when doing it. Like yellow. I tried solid yellow in the previous pic, and it was looking more brown or gold when I ended. So leaving all this white space helps, and crosshatching looks better than just random white space. The same goes for the orange ink I have to use as "flesh" color. If I overdo it, they will all look like Marvel Comics' Adam Warlock (or Ben Grimm).

Edit:I have to be careful when hunting rappies in Nova. I keep yelling "chocobo" when one appears. This would be good if I did it on purpose, but I don't. They just look so much like the chocobo design from Chocobo Racing or Chocobo Tales...
Last edited by Icecypher on Tue Feb 17, '15, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 2, '15, 2:12 am

Forgot to comment on this earlier. This drawing was absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day!! Thank you Icecypher ! I love the rappy and the detail overall is just amazing. The new pens really seem to add a lot of zest (for lack of a better word at the moment) to the scenes. Love the color. :clap:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Oda » Mon Mar 2, '15, 4:32 am

At first I was wondering how they were looking at the Alisa III when they were on it, but then remembered that they aren't on it, they're on the moon :duh: But this is a lovely pic! The crosshatching is beautiful, I like the atmosphere both it and the colors creates. Also, I barely caught the leg hair on Ayn but It's a nice touch.
Oda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 7

Postby Icecypher » Tue Mar 3, '15, 12:03 am

Thanks, SS. That hated bird was a hit, it seems (I still hate PS III rappies, heheheh). And I really liked the pens. So many different things can be done with them.

Oda, yeah, they are at their own private kingdom, in the very early days of their marriage, so nothing wrong with not getting it immediately. :mrgreen:

And thanks for noticing Ayn's barely visible leg hair. At 18, based on his profile in books, and thinking that the "15 years of peace" did not start the day he was born, he surely must have some hair in them. Well, even at 15, if that were the case. Of course, since it is not that much and it is colored light-blue, it is not meant to be too noticeable. :yes:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Next

Return to Artwork