I bought a new car yay

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

I bought a new car yay

Postby S4Blade » Fri Jun 6, '14, 12:59 am

After a decade of driving my gas guzzling Durango, I finally got rid of it and got a more fuel efficient car. I bought a 2013 Hyundai Veloster. It was a last year's model clearance, so I got it for cheaper than a 2014 but it was still new, with very few miles on it.

It has a lot of cool features which I'm not used to since my last car was 10 years old. Like GPS, XM Radio, a USB/CD MP3 media reader and a bluetooth sync for my phone. I never thought a car could be so confusing (in a good way). It also has a convenient hatch back with a surprising amount of space and a sun roof that retracts. I'm really excited. I forgot how nice it is having a new car. I put 50% down, so my payments are really cheap, which is what I wanted. Here are some pictures:

http://111.imagebam.com/download/5GSuFI ... 27_Pro.jpg

http://110.imagebam.com/download/VW4tLY ... 53_Pro.jpg

http://111.imagebam.com/download/0Ck_f8 ... 39_Pro.jpg

http://109.imagebam.com/download/nC3uWX ... 14_Pro.jpg

http://111.imagebam.com/download/Lvu8lk ... 24_Pro.jpg

http://112.imagebam.com/download/WAkucI ... 59_Pro.jpg

http://112.imagebam.com/download/Jblqbp ... 25_Pro.jpg

Despite it being a 4 cylinder car it actually has a lot of pick up, and I had it going pretty fast on the highway. It took a little while to get used to it since I'm used to driving SUVs, but I really like it so far. I'm so glad I finally decided to get it.
Last edited by S4Blade on Fri Jun 6, '14, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: I bought a new car yay

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 6, '14, 2:26 am

Nice on the new car! Packed with new features. How much better is the gas mileage on it? More efficiency along with new machinery will probably be a lot softer on your wallet in terms of gas.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Fri Jun 6, '14, 3:00 am

My Durango used to get between 12-15 mpg. I figured it out one time. My Veloster actually keeps track of my average mpg and now it's at 29.6 mpg. It used to take about $50 to fill up my tank from half full in the Durango, and it now takes about $30 to fill up the Veloster from a quarter of a tank. So yeah, that's a big difference. That's really what I wanted was something better on gas. Being that it has some nice features is just a bonus.

I bought my Durango when SUVs were cool, and gas was cheaper, but that's not really the case any more. The Durango was useful when I moved to my new house last year, but quite honestly that's really the only time I appreciated the extra space it had. The car is just for me, so the Veloster makes more sense. People always asked me why I drove such a big car and I never had a good answer for them. Although I did like the all wheel drive in the snow.
Last edited by S4Blade on Fri Jun 6, '14, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jun 6, '14, 10:03 am

The new car is beautiful. Congrats VistaBlade!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Fri Jun 6, '14, 12:11 pm

Very nice new car ! Congratulations ! :) :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 6, '14, 12:53 pm

VistaBlade wrote:My Durango used to get between 12-15 mpg. I figured it out one time. My Veloster actually keeps track of my average mpg and now it's at 29.6 mpg. It used to take about $50 to fill up my tank from half full in the Durango, and it now takes about $30 to fill up the Veloster from a quarter of a tank. So yeah, that's a big difference. That's really what I wanted was something better on gas. Being that it has some nice features is just a bonus.

I bought my Durango when SUVs were cool, and gas was cheaper, but that's not really the case any more. The Durango was useful when I moved to my new house last year, but quite honestly that's really the only time I appreciated the extra space it had. The car is just for me, so the Veloster makes more sense. People always asked me why I drove such a big car and I never had a good answer for them. Although I did like the all wheel drive in the snow.

Wow, that is a huge difference, it really is. That'll save you a huge amount of money, especially since gas is more expensive and probably only going to keep getting more so.

It's a bit late now, but if all wheel drive is a big deal to you, consider a Subaru when this car is reaching the end of its life, which I think all have all-wheel drive. My parents have two. They're fuel efficient and for northwest Pennsylvania winters (with lake effect and all), the all-wheel drive is extremely useful.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Fri Jun 6, '14, 2:17 pm

Thanks guys. I'll just have to rough it in the winter I guess. I can get snow tires for it though, so that would be an option as well. PA winters can be kind of brutal sometimes. I like how sporty the Veloster looks, and I didn't really look around much for other cars. I'm not really a big car person, but when I saw a few of these cars on the road I really liked them. So I had my mind set before I went to look at them.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jun 6, '14, 3:28 pm

Forgot to say I also like the white color. Next to red, white is my favorite car color. Our car we have now is white also. Just wondering if color played any part in your choice also or not??

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby S4Blade » Fri Jun 6, '14, 6:51 pm

They had the white one that I bought and a gray one left. I picked the white one since the last car I had was black, and it got really hot in the Summer time. So I wanted the opposite of what I had.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Fri Jun 6, '14, 9:24 pm

Black or white... a good change ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master