Hurricane Ike

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Hurricane Ike

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 12, '08, 9:09 pm

Hurricane Ike is supposed to make landfall in Texas sometime tonight, I think. Is anyone hear going to be affected by this hurricane or know anyone who is? If so, I hope everyone gets to safety and I think most, or a lot, of the people have been evacuating for the past few days.

This sounds like a very dangerous hurricane. There is already so much flooding in the areas of Galveston, etc., and the hurricane is not even there yet.

Prayers and thoughts are with everyone in the area.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Celeith » Fri Sep 12, '08, 9:14 pm

I know up here in northern Louisiana we're getting some strong winds from it, most likely just some side aftershock or something. My wife's family lives around the Dallas area and I don't know if they're gonna be hit with it or not. Most likely not since its so far up in there but you never know with hurricanes.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 15, '08, 3:35 am

Hope you and all your relatives come through the storm okay, Kaloes! It looks pretty bad everywhere from what I've seen on the news so far.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Motavian_Scavenger » Mon Sep 15, '08, 4:33 am

Well, I made it through Ike ok. Other than a very long power outage, no damage to any of my property or my family's property, so I'm very thankful for that. I live in the Houston area and currently am part of a fortunate minority who actually have had power restored already.
Motavian_Scavenger
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 3

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Sep 15, '08, 5:00 am

Actually, the remnants of the storm are currently on their way up through here. But we're just getting some rain and plenty of gusty wind, and the power did flicker out for a bit once. But it's not uncommon for storm remnants to come to this area and right now, we really could use the rain.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Casual Conversation