Hurricane Jose

Chat about things happening around the world.

Hurricane Jose

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 12, '17, 11:06 pm

Well, now that Hurricane Irma is gone, all eyes are turning to Hurricane Jose to see exactly where he will go next. Earlier in the week some weathermen said that Jose would probably eventually fizzle out over the ocean and pose no problem, however, now they are saying a different tune. Will have to keep a close eye on this one also.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topsto ... cid=AARDHP
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Hurricane Jose

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 13, '17, 5:27 pm

As it turns out forecasting hurricanes is a very inexact science - they can last for a long number of days, and there's a lot of factors that can impact where a hurricane will ultimately go. The longer a time away a forecast is for, the more and more inexact it gets and the more it can change. We work with the tools that we have and sadly it seems a lot of people aren't interested in giving resources to people who can do research and make this better over time, but I digress.

Anyway, this storm has had my attention for a while, because the track has alternated between looking like it'll just head out into the Atlantic and headed in a generally northward direction..IE, up towards me. It's uncertain, but I am concerned about this one maybe making a New England landfall, which is rare. Granted if it does it will probably transition to a post-tropical cyclone first. It's been a while since we had one of those make true landfall in New England.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 16, '17, 9:12 pm

Here's the last I read the other day on Hurricane Jose. Not sure if the direction has changed any since then or not. However, now there is also Lee and Maria to keep on eye on as well:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/ ... 669390001/
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Sep 18, '17, 3:48 pm

I'm on the edge of this storm right now, it's cloudy and maps clearly showed these are clouds form Jose. It's starting to show signs of transition to a post tropical cyclone (it's spreading out and losing symmetry, and starting to show a comma shape). We're going to get rain up here from it at least, and parts of the MA coast are already under a tropical storm watch.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Tue Sep 19, '17, 12:30 pm

All those hurricanes are too much ! :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Current Events