The Grand Experiment • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

The Grand Experiment

Share your poetry, short stories, and other non-fanfic writings here.

The Grand Experiment

Postby Snorb » Mon Oct 5, '15, 9:27 pm

What is this?

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna write a fantasy story for you guys. Medieval fantasy, sword n sworcery, that kind of thing.

Here's the catch: Instead of having every last detail all plotted-out ahead of time, I'm gonna leave things up to the fickle finger of fate. The main characters are going to be statted out in a pen and paper RPG system (possibly the Fantasy AGE system; haven't 100% decided yet) and when the meat hits the fan, I'll roll the dice and let RNGesus sort it out.

Yes, there's a chance that heroes can die as a result of a badly rolled attack.

On the other hand, it will give me a better idea of just what the heroes are and are not capable of.

Stay tuned. I'll have some characters and a proper intro written up in a couple days.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb
Reviews

Return to Original Writings