Design Styles for the III & IV remakes

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Design Styles for the III & IV remakes

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 7:39 am

We all know that characters were redesigned for their appearances in Phantasy Star generation:1 and generation:2. Some like Lutz not so much, but others like Rudo and Odin got heavy makeovers.

If the planned Generation remakes of PSIII and PSIV had been made, which characters in those do you think would have received major design changes?

Personally, I imagine Rika's suit would have been altered, probably losing the cape. Wren in PSIII might have been changed to look more like the PSIV Wren. There would probably have been unique sprites for everyone in III, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 19, '08, 2:59 am

They probably would've made Rika wear some frilly, lacy outfit like Nei was in the PSII remake. D: That ruined Nei for me...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lucas » Fri Dec 19, '08, 6:35 am

They might even try and change Wren and Mieu into CAST look-alikes because all the PS androids now days are CASTs.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Fri Dec 19, '08, 3:21 pm

"Gasp!" Tsunami~chan is back ^_^...

anyways, it would be neat to have a few designs like they did in Generations 1&2, but lets hope they don't go overboard like they did in PS Generations 2 and completely mess up the characters. I liked Eusis' design from the original version better but his Generations look isnt that bad. I still want to see what Adan and Gwyn look like in Generation style graphics.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Sun Dec 21, '08, 10:11 am

Hi Kaloes. ^^ I am always on MSN you know, lol.

Kaloes wrote:anyways, it would be neat to have a few designs like they did in Generations 1&2, but lets hope they don't go overboard like they did in PS Generations 2 and completely mess up the characters. I liked Eusis' design from the original version better but his Generations look isnt that bad. I still want to see what Adan and Gwyn look like in Generation style graphics.
I totally agree about PSG2, most of the designs irked me. D: Eusis was alright, didn't seem too different from the original at least...

EDIT: Amy also looked alright in the remake too. Forgot to mention her. :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Tue Dec 23, '08, 4:02 pm

Tsunami wrote:Hi Kaloes. ^^ I am always on MSN you know, lol.

Yea but since I don't have internet yet (hoping to fix that next month lol) I can't get on msn so I'm never able to see if you're on or not.

Besides Eusis' design the only other one that really bugged me was Rudo's. It was a decent improvement but they could have made him better IMO. I really liked everyones, Hughes especially because he looks alot cooler then he originally did (although I'm still not using him lol). Shir's design was the biggest improvement for me, they actually made her look like she was some kind of thief instead of just a generic green haired woman that you were with.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Design Styles for the III & IV remakes

Postby PSP » Sun Jan 18, '09, 3:08 am

Thoul wrote:If the planned Generation remakes of PSIII and PSIV had been made, which characters in those do you think would have received major design changes?

Err, PSIII was never intended to be remade. The original Sega Ages 2500 announcement had PSI, PSII and PSIV being remade.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Lemina » Sun Jan 18, '09, 10:00 pm

I would like to see updated sprites and unique sprites for the PSIII cast; but other than that, I wouldn't want the designs changed too much. But this thread isn't about what I want; it's about what I think would happen.

I'd imagine most of the changes being art style changes (flatter hair; different facial stuctures). Perhaps they would add some more detail and flair to the clothing. As Tsunami mentioned above, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Rika wear something similar to what Nei was wearing in the PS II generation. :lol: :blank:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Re: Design Styles for the III & IV remakes

Postby Zio_Falz » Wed Oct 9, '13, 12:03 pm

I'm not fond of Eusis' "snarly" look they gave him at the very end of PS@ Generations. That being said, they'd likely design 'Rudy' to look a bit more or dress like 'Eusis,' since the implication is heavy anyway if you look at the PS compendium images. Rika would look a bit more like Nei, and Rika as is wears a lace or skimpy outfit, its just hard to see in the game with her cape, but in the PSIV ending or when she jumps for eclipse (ellipse?) torch, you see she is wearing a nighty or swimsuit. Why else would Chaz catch her? Hahn would be designed a bit more like Hugh, as that implication exists too. Alys and Anna. The reason I say this of the design lookalikes is, look at Odin and Rudo, or Lutz and Noah. So I'd guess they'd keep up the same implication. I would release a heavy sigh if any of the cyborgs and androids were designed as casts. And an even heavier sigh if any of my magic or tech users were designed as forces.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Return to Other Classics