How Would You Redesign the PS Characters?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: How Would You Redesign the PS Characters?

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 14, '10, 9:09 pm

As requested, the black outfit of Kahlan's is the last one on the trio. It is from Legend of the Seeker season 2.

http://fortresstakes.files.wordpress.co ... ostume.jpg

here

http://www.legendseeker.net/2010/01/30/ ... n-contest/
http://thetorchonline.com/wp-content/up ... kahlan.jpg
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Sep 15, '10, 8:46 am

Thank you very much for those links, Rick. Now, I can get started.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Fri Sep 17, '10, 10:53 pm

Looking forward to it Lyla. :D

Tanith, I'm actually beginning to think of some ideas for Shir, but nothing definite yet. How are you coming along with Hugh?
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Tanith » Sat Sep 18, '10, 3:55 am

Oh, well, I've already sent the artist my ideas for Shir, but do post yours when you get a chance. I've decided that in the not-immediate future I'll do another Shir illustration. She's so cool she gets two. :) Actually, it's because I want to do a redesign of her text adventure outfit as well.

But, I can give everyone a preview of the ideas I sent the artist. Changes:

Hair: Still in a bob, but no bangs. (This will help differentiate her from Amy.)
Dress: Still a blue mini dress, but it will be, er, tighter, and I got rid of the white collar. Instead, there will be white detail on her dress.
Boots: I kept the blue boots with red detail on the top, but they are now over-the-knee
Gloves: Her gauntlets are gone and she will be wearing white gloves.
Weapons: She'll have a sheathed dagger strapped to her left thigh and she'll have her text adventure laser gun in her right hand.

Her overall look is much more sci-fi, and I'm hoping it will also emphasize that she's posh. I personally felt that the details I sent the artist were stylish and like she was a part of Motavia's "scene." I was inspired by Ulala from Space Channel 5.

Hugh is still a giant mystery to me. I'm trying to keep the color palette the same for the characters, but Hugh is going to be hard. His green and purple look is very dated. So, any ideas would be appreciated.
Last edited by Tanith on Sat Sep 18, '10, 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 18, '10, 4:12 am

Anyone but me find it odd that the shops on Dezo only sell.. boots that women can wear? XD In Ps 2 I mean..

Also, only knifeboots for women and not for men.. Such a sexist culture!
Last edited by Rick on Sat Sep 18, '10, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
Android
Android

Postby Tanith » Sat Sep 18, '10, 4:47 am

Rick wrote:Anyone but me find it odd that the shops on Dezo only sell.. boots that women can wear? XD In Ps 2 I mean..

Also, only knifeboots for women and not for men.. Such a sexist culture!
You can buy gardaboots for the men in Ryuon.

Edited: You know, now that I think about it, I'm leaning towards a collegiate look for Hugh. If I can make the green more of a hunter green and the purple more of a dark plum, it might look more ivy league. That would be fitting, I think. His pants and shirt would not be the same color, though. What do you all think? Make Hugh look a bit like Light Yagami (from Death Note)?

Edited again: Oops. I just realized Hugh's scarf/turtleneck/whatever is red, not purple. That's better than purple, though. Maroon and dark green could work as part of a sophisticated, scholarly, just-got-my-doctorate look.
Last edited by Tanith on Sat Sep 18, '10, 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 18, '10, 6:44 am

Okay so we have 1 male boot type and 3-4 times as many female boots?

Hugh would prolly wear something like Dr Venture would which is: an article of clothing featured in a episode of Venture Bros is in actuality an indefinable item of clothing which is either a short-sleeved jumpsuit or some sort of boiler suit modified to separate into two pieces.

Though.. there was a anime that had a character dressed just like Hugh.. I'm trying to remember what it was.
Rick
Android
Android

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 18, '10, 6:58 am

Sounds like a god idea Tanith. The fact that he wore all green was one thing I hated about the design.

And looking forward to Shir as well. Don't worry, I didn't have much, if anything, down for her. Sounds like you've done a good job. :)

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Sat Sep 18, '10, 7:01 am

Hey, I'm always up for ideas! Post them here, send them to my inbox, whatever. I'm mostly focusing on PSII and PSIII characters because the PSIV characters don't need strong redesigns and the PSI characters don't interest me as much. However, if you have ideas for any of the characters, send them my way.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 18, '10, 7:21 am

Let's see then, how about Kain? I've got some ideas for him. For one, give him his Psy-Gun from the text adventure. That thing really made a mess of mechs when you used it so he should have it. Its design is another thing altogether though.

Clothing. Well give him some heavy duty looking boots for start. Throw a pair of goggles on his head too and add a tool belt of some kind as well and gloves too. Finally, seeing how he probably wears a boiler suit, take the top and have it hanging down around his waist. Ta-da! :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series