What would it take to get you to play PSU?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

What would it take to get you to play PSU?

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 11:22 pm

If you don't play PSU now, what would Sega have to do to get you interested enough to check out the game? Maybe cut the monthly fee, add some specific content? What would you want to see in an online PS-based game?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:51 pm

A lower fee and more ways to pay would be nice. Better support for the English game than they showed for PSO would be nice. Maybe more emphasis on the Phantasy Star and less on the Universe part.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:53 pm

If it had stuck more with the Classic series, I want Motavia, Dezolis, Parma..not Parum, Moatoob, and whatever that other one was. lol I want the old spells, I want Combo attacks, I want the old stuff, and the real hunters guild. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 15, '07, 2:05 am

Moatoob is a pretty dumb sounding name, isn't it? Motavia or even Motabia would be so much better.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chris8282 » Sun Dec 23, '07, 12:13 am

I'm currently playing through PSU. The single-player isn't as bad as I thought. Its way to easy, the story isn't mind blowing (so far), but the visuals are great (on a High-end PC), the sound is great, and the gameplay is fun, although like I said way too easy.

But if they wanted me to pay monthly? Well... I myself don't even know what could get me to do that. :)
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Chris8282 » Sun Dec 23, '07, 12:16 am

The names of the planets are:

Parum
Mortoob
Neudaiz
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby LordShibas » Thu Dec 27, '07, 12:46 pm

Sega would have to go to my job for me every day so that I would have the time to install it and play it. I have the game for PC, I just have not had time to get into it.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 29, '07, 3:17 am

Ah, that would be nice, wouldn't it? We'd all have more time to play if Sega did that for us. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BroWren » Sun Dec 30, '07, 12:23 am

I'd need some people I actually *know* to want to play too.

Though I'm pretty okay playing alone, too. It was nice how they made the NPCs available in Illuminus for antisocial people like myself. :)

Also, hi! Been a long time!
BroWren
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 30, '07, 12:29 pm

Hey, it's been way too long. Nice to "see" you again! :D

There's not much point to playing a multiplayer game by yourself. :yes: So you can bring along some NPCs to fight with you in Illuminus? I'm surprised it took them so many incarnations of the online games to introduce that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Phantasy Star General