How much sleep

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: How much sleep

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 1, '09, 4:09 pm

My sleeping schedule can be kind of erratic. I can start working on something at say 8 pm and the next time I look up, it's 5 am. Because of that, sometimes I only get a couple of hours of sleep. The evening after that, I usually wind up getting a full 8 hours without any problem, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Wed Jul 1, '09, 4:19 pm

Wow Thoul! I knew you were busy but I never realized just how busy. Just reading that post is making me tired, lol :D
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lemina » Wed Jul 1, '09, 6:05 pm

How do you do it, Thoul? :hypnotized:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 1, '09, 6:32 pm

My secret is lots of caffeine. :burp: ;) Well, not really, but I do have trouble falling asleep if I drink a Coke too late in the evening. If the weather is really hot, that can keep me up as well.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jul 27, '09, 4:34 pm

I'm starting to think there may be something to this "less sleep is needed" thing. I heard some discussion on this topic on one of the early morning talk shows this morning and they were saying that a lot of the "successful" people do not seem to need or get very much sleep, yet they are very successful.

Example: They said Donald Trump only needs or gets about 3 or 4 hours sleep. And, just look at how successful he is.

They also told another example of a very successful person who didn't get much sleep, but I can't remember who that was right now. :D

Maybe I need to stay awake more. :zzz:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lemina » Mon Jul 27, '09, 6:20 pm

On top of that, I heard that those who get eight hours of sleep tend to have shorter lives than those who get 6 hours of sleep a night. Although the study was merely a correlation study and did not factor for things like long tern illness that may cause people to sleep longer than others. Still, I really should stay up later and wake up earlier.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby AJS » Sun Aug 16, '09, 7:18 pm

My sleep pattern is really messed up. Some nights I'll sleep for 12 hours or even more, other nights I won't be tired at all and don't even bother going to bed. Being jobless doesn't help. :bang:
AJS
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Aug 16, '09, 8:51 pm

Now that my internship is done, I have no idea what my sleep pattern will do. I know I'll be up a bit later and get up a bit later, but I'll still probably maintain about 7 hours a night. Once my classes start I only have one morning class a week, so early mornings only once a week, though it will be quite early since I'll have an hour long bus commute.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby itsbobtista » Tue Aug 18, '09, 6:24 am

I am averaging about 6-7 hours of sleep a night. I fall asleep around 2 or 3, and wake up around 10. Girlfriend likes to throw the dog into our bed and he ends up waking me up... bleh...
itsbobtista
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 9

Previous

Return to Casual Conversation