What combos do you use?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

What combos do you use?

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 12, '08, 12:36 am

When you play PSIV, which of the combination attacks do you often use, if any? Which ones do you avoid?

I try to pull of GrandCross and Shooting Star when I can. I almost never use Destruct, because the 999 damage limit seems less powerful than the individual attacks after a certain point.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Fri Dec 12, '08, 1:01 am

Triblaster throughout the majority of the beginning, other then that I use Grandcross whenever I feel like using a combo with Chaz and Rune, or if I use the attacks and they combine by accident. I can't remember the name of the one Chaz and Demi do but I like using it against a group of enemies every once in awhile.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Sixfortyfive » Fri Dec 12, '08, 5:08 am

I use most of them in a normal playthrough.

Triblaster, Firestorm, and Blizzard at various points in the beginning, depending on who has the most TP to spare.
Grandcross starting at the Air Castle and through the point where I get Elsydeon.
Shootingstar whenever Rune or Kyra are free to pair with Wren for a turn.
Silentwave, Circuitbreaker, and Conductthunder in a few machine battles (3x Dominator and whatnot).
Paladinblow if I take Hahn in the endgame (which I usually do).
Black Hole, Holocaust, Purifylight if I feel like powerleveling at the endgame (which I usually don't).

The only two that I never really use are Lethalimage and Destruct. I usually lose Alys before she learns Death, and the latter just isn't worth the cost.

One thing that hit me in a recent playthrough is that Grandcross is actually pointless once you have Elsydeon. The entire point of using Grandcross is that it gives Chaz access to Efess' holy elemental damage, but the Elsydeon is already affiliated with that element to begin with, so an Elsydeon Crosscut + Rune's Efess does just as much damage individually as they do combined.
Sixfortyfive
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Dec 12, '08, 5:53 am

I tend to use mainly just three. Grandcross, Blizzard and Firestorm. Sometimes I'll use Triblaster. I never really bothered witht he other ones, more or less I just stuck to the ones I learned myself.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Phantasy Star IV