How many days passed?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

How many days passed?

Postby Celeith » Wed Dec 10, '08, 2:40 am

In PSIV the period that goes by from beginning to end seems a bit sketchy, as only a few scenes are shown where the group uses a inn or spends the night somewhere. Just from a point of view how many days do you believe passed from Beginning to Zio's Fort, Finding Ladea Tower, Alys' Death and the defeat of Zio, the trip to Zelan and crashing on Dezolis, trecking the snowy fields from Raja's Temple to finding the Landale in Tyler, the trip to Kuran, the trip back to Dezolis all the way to Raja falling sick, Meeting Kyra and learning about Runes history in Esper Mansion, the treck to the temple, the trip to the Air Castle, trecking through Air Castle, The climb up Garuberk Tower, Traveling through Soldiers Temple, Heading to Rykross and the Defeat of the Guardians, The treck through the cave that holds the Elsydeon, and finally going through the Edge and facing the Profound Darkness.

I may of missed a few keypoints in the story here so if you see anything missing add it but anyways what do you think about the timeframe that goes on through the game.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 10, '08, 3:54 am

Realistically speaking, it was probably a few months. I mean, considering that they walked across the majority of three planets, that's going to take a long time. Given a stop at an inn after each dungeon or crossing a long distance to reach a new town... I'd say at least two months. It seems like a lot less, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Dec 10, '08, 5:48 am

Hmm. You bring up an interesting point Kaloes. I suppose I would have to give some thought.
This is my point of view- Part One

WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERZ!

Zio Saga
Day---------------------------Travels and Events------------------------------
01------------Aiedo to Piata (I give this a day at least for travelling reasons)
02------------Piata to Mile (From when you first take control of Chaz to going to Mile)
03------------Mile to Zema to Molcum (They must have camped somewhere near Molcum)
04------------Molcum to Tonoe (Took the day off when they arrived at Tonoe)
05------------Tonoe to Zema (By this time Telepipes become available so they go to Zema and rescue Rika)
06------------Zema to Aiedo (They chill at Alys and Chaz's place for a day)
07------------Aiedo to Mile to Aiedo (Sandworm Mission)
08------------Aiedo to Kadary (They stop in Kadary to prepare)
09------------Kadary to Zio's Fort to Krup (Alys gets hit with the Black Energy Wave, someone uses Ryuka to go to Krup)
10------------Krup to Machine Center to Monsen (Stop in Monsen after a hard day of travelling)
11------------Monsen to Plate Center to Monsen (Stop the Earthquakes quest)
12------------Monsen to Termi to Ladea Tower to Krup (Play music Her Last Breathe)
13------------Krup to Aiedo to Krup/Monsen/Termi to Aiedo (Let Chaz cool down a bit and do the Tinkerbells dog side quest)
14------------Aiedo to Nurvus to Zelan to Raja's Temple (Busy day, Zio's death, space travels, and crashing on Raja's Temple)
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Wed Dec 10, '08, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 10, '08, 6:27 am

I think about this with just about every single video game I play. The only ones where I don't think about this are ones that have day/night cycles (like Okami and Morrowind). In Morrowind, you can see how many days have passed anytime (and with mods, you can alter the length of in-game days), and in Okami, after you beat the game, it tells you how many in-game days passed. But games like PSIV, Earthbound, Mother 3...I do wonder, just a bit, how long it really must've been.

In PSIV's case, I put it at three months, minimum. They walked across entire planets, had to do space travel that probably consumed a fair chunk of time, traverse large dungeons...I say three months minimum, and probably more.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Wed Dec 10, '08, 8:20 am

I think all up the quest probably would have taken them 3-5 months or so. Considering they did do a lot in that time frame.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 10, '08, 5:33 pm

Trenzer wrote:WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERZ!

03------------Mile to Zema to Molcum (They must have camped somewhere near Molcum)
05------------Tonoe to Zema (By this time Telepipes become available so they go to Zema and rescue Rika)

This is just my opinion, but I think for that bit, they might rest at Krup on day 3 or 4, then go from there to Tonoe and Zema on 5. Otherwise I agree with your layout.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Dec 10, '08, 8:14 pm

Thoul wrote:
Trenzer wrote:WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERZ!

This is just my opinion, but I think for that bit, they might rest at Krup on day 3 or 4, then go from there to Tonoe and Zema on 5. Otherwise I agree with your layout.

But you see Thoul, most of the day would have already been taken up because they did after all walk around all those mountains to two towns, discovering one burnt down. But then again, I suppose it isn't too hard to believe they pushed on for one or two more hours to sleep in a decent bed. Well, either or they still made it to their destination right? I'll post the Dark Force 1 Saga tonight.
Atlinsmere

Postby Srijita » Wed Dec 10, '08, 8:42 pm

[face=Times New Roman]By my estimate, the events of PSIV take place over several months (minimum), particularly if one also includes all the side quests.[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 11, '08, 3:09 am

Trenzer wrote:But you see Thoul, most of the day would have already been taken up because they did after all walk around all those mountains to two towns, discovering one burnt down. But then again, I suppose it isn't too hard to believe they pushed on for one or two more hours to sleep in a decent bed.

It is a long way to go in one day. That's mainly why I left it open for day 4. If one thinks Krup is too far for the third day, it's not unreasonable to consider that they may rest there the next day. That gives them a chance to restock before taking on the Tonoe cave and for Hahn to visit his sweetheart.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Dec 11, '08, 6:05 am

Thoul wrote:
Trenzer wrote:But you see Thoul, most of the day would have already been taken up because they did after all walk around all those mountains to two towns, discovering one burnt down. But then again, I suppose it isn't too hard to believe they pushed on for one or two more hours to sleep in a decent bed.

It is a long way to go in one day. That's mainly why I left it open for day 4. If one thinks Krup is too far for the third day, it's not unreasonable to consider that they may rest there the next day. That gives them a chance to restock before taking on the Tonoe cave and for Hahn to visit his sweetheart.

I see your point but still, I suppose it all comes down to personal opinion. They both work so, I guess I continue.

WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERZ!
Dark Force 1 Saga:
Day---------------------------Travels and Events------------------------------
15------------Raja's Temple to Ryoun (Stop at Ryoun to get answers from Raja's friend and prepare for cold weather)
16------------Ryoun to Tyler to Kuran(Obtain LANDALE and star on the way to Kuran, sleep in LANDALE)
17------------Kuran (Spend an entire day at Kuran freeing it from Darkforce)

TADA! Dark Force 1 Saga complete (3 days I know, But I thought I remembered more.)
Coming up tommorrow, Lashiec Saga
Atlinsmere

Return to Phantasy Star IV