Christmas Trees

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Christmas Trees

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 19, '07, 1:59 am

Since it is nearly that time of year, let's share a little about our Christmas trees. :D Do you put a tree up each year? Is it a real tree or an artificial one? What is your favorite ornament to put on the tree? Got any video game based ornaments?

We usually put our tree up during the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's artificial, but still makes me sneeze my head off because it is so dusty after being in storage for so long. A few years back, I happened to find a Super Mario World ornament, but that is the only video game ornament I've ever seen.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Mon Nov 19, '07, 2:49 am

My parents put up a tree at their house, which is where I usually end up spending Christmas. At my house, I can't put up a tree. I tried one year, and my cats tore it to shreds. I've never tried since.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 19, '07, 3:13 am

I can relate - our cats have done a little damage to our decorations before. We usually ban them from the room where the tree is set up unless someone is in there to watch them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Nov 19, '07, 6:12 am

Yeah we have a real tree, and the ornaments on our tree keep growing every year, in fact this computer is where the tree goes.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Mon Nov 19, '07, 1:29 pm

We used to put up a Christmas tree, but it's become a hassle so we don't bother anymore. :D Real ones are messy, as pine needles always make a mess, and the artificial ones aren't the same.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 19, '07, 6:22 pm

We usually have an artifical tree. It's not as nice but less trouble.

The real trees are much nicer and somehow more Chirstmassy, but they also are a lot messier with the pine needles falling and they smell stronger (I have allergies) so we usually don't even fool with them. We have several pine trees outside in the yard, though, so we can decorate them too and look at them if we choose, while having the artificial one inside.

Favorite ornament to put on the tree would probably be one I have of Rudolph The red-nosed raindeer. It's a Hallmark ornament and Rudolph's nose lights up. It's cute! I wish they did put out more video game related ornaments. That would be cool.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Nov 19, '07, 6:38 pm

OH WOW I WOULD SO GET A RIKA ORNAMENT!!!! XDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 21, '07, 9:18 pm

Me too! We should petition Sega for Phantasy Star ornaments! :D

We've always had a large artificial tree. Real ones are too messy, with the needles going everywhere. This year we're talking about having a smaller tree because the big one is such a hassle. We always have to rearrange the living room and move chairs and stuff. :indifferent:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 27, '07, 6:13 am

I heard in the news today that the "official" Christmas Tree arrived at The White House today. It is a 20 foot Frasier Fir and is from Ash Co., North Carolina. I am sure it will be even more beautiful when it is decorated and the official lighting ceremony is held. :tree:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby heinzel » Thu Nov 29, '07, 4:33 am

For decades we , my family, always had a real tree.
With real candles on it.
Not the American(USA) style.

And we never had any problems with our dog or little children.

Now living in Kunming, that's in China, it's almost impossible to get a real one.
If you don't don't live in the real big international Cities, they don't offer it to you.
And Kunming(6million) is still to provincial.
so far they do copy the USA style.
But it's good business and thats why I hope that I will get a real Xmas tree next year.

I became father three months ago.
Thus this year I'll still have a fake one.
But the the next year I'll have a real one for sure or spend Xmas with my family in good old Germany.
heinzel
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Next

Return to Holidays