Entire PS Series: Who is the Best Slasher User? (Spoilers!)

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Who is the Best Slasher User in the Classic PS Series?

Anna
No votes
Kara (Aron and Adan version)
25%
Kara (Sean and Crys version)
No votes
Thea
13%
Alys
50%
Kyra
13%

Total votes : 8

Entire PS Series: Who is the Best Slasher User? (Spoilers!)

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 20, '07, 11:06 pm

Once again, the poll is restricted to player-characters. Sorry, Lune, this looks like a women-only topic :lol:. Is it Anna with her flowing blonde locks and hatred of Hunters? The shy Kara that levels up at a Nei-like rate? Is it cranky Kara that takes a millenium to level up? Thea and her Melee Techs? Is it Alys with her nickname "The Seven Stroke Warrior"? Or is it Kyra, the Esper? (I didn't realize there were this many Slasher-wielding characters out there.)
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 20, '07, 11:12 pm

Alys; she has the best story and most vital combat role by far.

I wouldn't say Anna hates Hunters. I mean, she joined the party when it already had a Hunter (Rudo). Maybe she hates rogue hunters, but I think she would have no problem with someone like Rudo.

Interestingly, Lutz gets to use slashers in Generation 1. That was one change I never expected.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 20, '07, 11:23 pm

Thoul wrote:I wouldn't say Anna hates Hunters. I mean, she joined the party when it already had a Hunter (Rudo). Maybe she hates rogue hunters, but I think she would have no problem with someone like Rudo.
Yeah, you're right. She does only bring down bad hunters.:oops:

Interestingly, Lutz gets to use slashers in Generation 1. That was one change I never expected.
:o What? Really? I never would have guessed that either. It makes some sense, I guess, seeming that Kyra's an Esper too, and she can use them. PSI needed some Slashers, that's for sure!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 21, '07, 3:38 am

The Komrade wrote:Once again, the poll is restricted to player-characters. Sorry, Lune, this looks like a women-only topic :lol:.

If he was included, he'd get my vote. :mrgreen:

It was so hard to choose! Slashers are by far my favorite weapon in the PS series, 2nd to claws. I narrowed it down to choosing between Kara (nice), Kara (bad), and Kyra.

- The princess-like Kara is almost as strong as Laya when it comes to techs and her stats are pretty good later on.

- The meaner version of Kara, she's not that great in the game. However, I love the storyline possibilities she has and her character is very interesting...would've been great if more was done with her.

- Kyra, I've always liked her. Great strengths, great support in battle, and a fun (and reckless at some point) character.

I ended up voting for the nice Kara though...she's so cute! :D And to top it off, she's Lune's daughter; more brownie points!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 22, '07, 1:19 am

If this poll were taken about a couple of decades earlier, I would have voted for Anna, as I had a crush on her when I was 9 :lol: , but I'm a man now, and she's not my ideal woman anymore :) . I still like the seriousness of her attitude, but she only talks twice in the game, (that's too quiet!) and I realized in doing a challenge for PSII that she is the worst character in the game in battle unless you're fighting four Whistles, (yes, including Shir!)

As for the Karas: cranky Kara is my least favorite of the Slasher users. I don't like characters that level up once every few hours. Princess Kara simply rocks. She makes generation 3 a cake walk with her addition to the abundance of healers. Unfortunately, we don't get to know her, and she loses to both the PSIV ladies in combat because of the lack of Skills as an option in PSIII.

Thea.... from the previous polls everyone probably knows I don't like characters that get captured and need to be rescued. On a side note, why do male characters never commit a blunder and need to be rescued? Getting captured is about more than just muscles...

Between Alys and Kyra.... it's a tough one. I find Kyra irritating personality-wise, but I love Alys's attitude. Alys is much tougher, though it is debatable to whether she is better than Kyra in combat due to Kyra's versatility thanks to her Esper Skillset. Kyra has a very strong upset chance here, but I have to vote for Alys. Her toughness and lack of fear to tell people what she thinks makes her my favorite character in the series.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Shinuzzo » Wed Aug 22, '07, 5:35 am

I'm going to have to go with Kyra here. I haven't played much of Phantasy Star III so I can't really comment on its cast. While Anna can be useful, having the worst technique set in the game doesn't help matters. Plus her background is a black hole even when compared to the rest of the PSII cast.

Alys, on the other hand, is Anna done much better. The problem is that she's not around for any of the few difficult parts of Phantasy Star IV though.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby al » Wed Aug 22, '07, 5:54 am

it's between Alys and Kara (Aron and Adan version), and I went with Kara.

Like The Komrade said; she levels up like Nei. She seems to get more +4HP levels than Wren, Sari or anyone else. Same goes for +3 damage. Powerful healing and support techs on top of that. If it wasn't for here total lack of defensive equipment she might've been the best character in PSIII.
al
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Classic Series