How are you today?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Lemina » Fri Mar 21, '08, 11:21 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:But the most awesome thing is that I have figured out what I want to do for my Honors thesis and for grad school research

Wow, congratulations! A solid direction in life is one of the best things that you can have in college, I think.

Me? I'm kind of distraught. I'm really disliking my major right now (again). I had no idea what this major was like until I was already in it. Hopefully classes will get better.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Mar 22, '08, 1:21 am

I wish I knew what I wanted to major in. Its time for me to decide, and honestly, I could do it in anything, and I have no preferance, since I don't even choose most of my classes. XDDD Being insane has its advantages.

"The difference between insanity and genious is success."
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 25, '08, 6:39 pm

So far, so good, today. It's a nice day here, lots of sunshine, and that always makes me feel better. Still a bit chilly though, and that I don't like - temps in the 60's today, I think. Supposed to warm up later in the week - alright! :up:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Mar 27, '08, 11:22 pm

Heh, I'm felling a little strange, don't really wanna talk about why, but the song, "Opheliac" comes to mind a lot. If you know what that word means....hehehehe :shy:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 28, '08, 10:45 pm

I am happy today, because for one thing, it's Friday, so I now have two days of no classes and time to do some stuff I've been putting off. But today, after all my classes, I cleaned out my aquarium and added the temp frogs in with my established trio, officially naming the male/female pair Wren and Kyra, respectively. So my Algoian frog aquarium has 5 frogs in it: Demi, Hahn, Rika (the established trio), Wren and Kyra (the new additions). So yay!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Mar 29, '08, 9:47 pm

Typical Saturday here. I'm sleepy cause I stayed up too late last night, but I stayed up too late because I wasn't sleepy then, lol. Go Figure. Rainy off and on here today too so there's not much to do outside and inside seems boring for some reason. I think I'm having a bit of a downer day. I feel good, though. :up:

Caged Wolf, glad to hear your Frog Family are all together now and hope everything works out splendidly with them all. :)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 3, '08, 9:57 pm

My day started off kind of rocky. I fell on the steps outside and hit my leg, although it seems okay now. Just one of those days, I guess. :irked:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 3, '08, 11:59 pm

I'm glad to hear the frogs are doing well, Caged Wolf. I hope they all get along nicely together. :)

Silver, watch your step! You can really hurt yourself if you're not careful when walking up and down steps.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Apr 4, '08, 1:20 am

Thoul, those frogs are doing quite well thus far. :)

I got to take my first real birdwalk of the season today and give my new binoculars a fair field test. I LOVE these things. I'm still getting used to this new pair and tweaking the settings, but I think they will serve me well. Plus, I needed a birdwalk since my presentation this weekend is starting to weigh on my mind so I need to relax some.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Previous

Return to Casual Conversation