Page 3 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, '08, 9:15 pm 
And today, I'm a little angry. Before choir, I ran to the girl's bathroom nearest to the classroom, and someone coming out shoved me into the wall and I hit my head HARD against the corner of a metal platform attached to the wall. The only reason my skin didn't break is probably because I was wearing a hat at the time. I blanked out for a couple of seconds and I'm probably lucky I didn't pass out. But that girl really made me angry, but I caught only a quick glimpse of her and I certainly don't remember what she looked like after smashing my head like that.

I hate people sometimes. College students seem to be some of the nastiest people around. :fiery: But it was otherwise a decent day and this incident could be made up for...there's a gamer's night on campus tonight and there are rumors that someone might be bringing the Japanese version of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. :hyper:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, '08, 11:24 pm 
Caged Wolf wrote:But it was otherwise a decent day and this incident could be made up for...there's a gamer's night on campus tonight and there are rumors that someone might be bringing the Japanese version of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. :hyper:

Caged Wolf, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself. Enjoy the games! Let us know how it all goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 1, '08, 4:35 pm 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:
Caged Wolf wrote:But it was otherwise a decent day and this incident could be made up for...there's a gamer's night on campus tonight and there are rumors that someone might be bringing the Japanese version of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. :hyper:

Caged Wolf, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself. Enjoy the games! Let us know how it all goes.

Brawl was there! :mrgreen: It was AWESOME! They took everything that was good from the previous installment, and improved nearly everything that needed improved! There were a decent number of people there, but the guy who owned the Wii made sure everyone got a chance, so the rotation in and out was efficient. I tried most of the characters I REALLY wanted to try, but eventually, I got too attached to one guy and started playing as him and I started to win a lot of matches.

Bowser was a lot of fun; he's much improved from melee, and the first time I played him, I got his final smash 4 times. Wario was fun, but hard to use. He's just goofy, though, and it's hard to not laugh when playing him (he has a fart attack, for crying out loud XD). Snake was probably my second favorite character. He's just so completely out of place. He's tough to use, but I enjoyed planting mines all over the place.

Then there was Pit. He felt so natural to the way I like to play and he was the one I got attached to and started playing. I loved EVERYTHING about him. His light arrows are great for sniping, his final smash is really useful, his speed is decent, he does a decent amount of damage...and that RECOVERY! Once we get the game here, I bet he's going to be my main guy.

It was overall a good night. My head still hurts, but that's okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 4, '08, 5:18 am 
i've been in such a random mood today.. but thats good for me.. when i'm in a random mood you know i'm having a good happy day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 9, '08, 2:54 am 
Got two new frogs today that I will hopefully be putting in my aquarium in a few weeks. The ones my boyfriend got me a while back all died, but the pet store here has a track record of frogs that survive, so I decided to get a couple while home on break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 9, '08, 5:59 am 
Sorry to hear that the other frogs died. It's always sad to lose a pet. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 9, '08, 6:22 am 
Thanks, Thoul. :) But it wasn't too much of a surprise to me; these frogs frequently die mysterious deaths after purchase and the ones he got me all died before I put them in the established aquarium. I hope this new pair makes it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, '08, 9:16 pm 
Caged Wolf, I saw your post last night before it was lost telling about where you got the frogs etc. Sounded like a good place to get a pet, so hopefully they will survive.

Also, I saw the post where you remarked on my avatar. It was an Ironman avatar from the gallery here. No, I still just can't make up my mind, lol. I've already changed it again today to another one I found in the gallery, lol.

Sparky, I saw your post last night before it was removed also. I hope things are going better for you today. I know that really must have hurt your feelings, and I can't imagine "real friends" acting that way. My advice is that no matter how much it hurts, forget it and move on. Living well is the best revenge, I heard somewhere and that makes sense. I think I would find some new friends who treat you a lot better as you deserve to be treated. Also, it sounds like things are very busy for you at home now, and I know how that can be sometimes. Just do the best you can, and take care of yourself in the mean time. Let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, '08, 5:10 am 
I'm back. Man, have I been busy lately. Haven't had time to hardly breathe let alone post online but it's time for a break - spring break, yay!!! :up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, '08, 12:34 am 
I am in such a good mood today. I talked with my adviser and figured out a lot of awesome stuff. I got my class schedule worked out for next semester, and an idea for my semester next spring as well. My schedule rocks because I only need four classes because I'll be doing independent study both semesters and that counts as two 400-level courses. I will have mornings and late afternoons free every day of the week to do work or mess around.

But the most awesome thing is that I have figured out what I want to do for my Honors thesis and for grad school research. I will study why Botswana is the only African country that has avoided ethnic and racial violence since its independence. According to my adviser, there is a high demand for people in African history and politics, and there will probably continue to be for a long time. If I get into this, it'll be easy for me to get funding for research and to live in Botswana for a year when I go to grad school and international agencies will be after me. Plus, this is a subject I've gotten interested in since we talked about it some in one of my classes.

So I'm just very happy now, because I've got a general idea for a direction for my life post-college! :mrgreen:

Page 3 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next