Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Horror show monsters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '09, 8:26 pm 
Ever notice that a lot of the enemies, especially in PS1, look like something from a horror movie? Zombies, skeletons, vampires that are humanoid bats... even the Creature from the Black Lagoon is in there. Are there any that really stand out as part of this crowd to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '09, 8:39 pm 
Oh, definitely. ALL of the huge insect monsters just scream 'cheesy horror movie monster' to me. Especially the Locusta, which is just essentially a giant praying mantis, at least as I look at that. I know there are some movies out there with giant preying mantis monsters. The game 'War of the Monsters', which is nothing but a parody of every giant monster movie in existence, even has a giant preying mantis monster you can play as. But I digress. Sometimes I do look at the classic PS games...and about the only common horror movie monster I see lacking is a werewolf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 2, '09, 8:08 am 
Yeah the Locusta reminds me of an old Gooesbumps book called Shocker on Shock street. Because there is a giant praying-mantis on the cover. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 2, '09, 7:46 pm 
The vampire's remind me of good ol Nosferatu. I never really thought about the monsters looking similar to classic horror monsters

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]