Weather

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Weather

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 7, '07, 1:09 am

Weather is a subject that concerns and interests just about everyone, so I thought it might be interesting to start a thread regarding the weather in the area you live in. What is your weather like today? You don't have to mention any specific place if you don't want to.

It is very hot here today. :fiery: It is usually always hot during August and this year is no exception. We've had a nice sunny day :sunny: today with no rain, although sometimes when it is hot like this, an afternoon shower feels pretty good. I expect the rest of August to be very hot and maybe then it will start cooling down as Fall will be arriving.

Can you believe that summer is almost over already????
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 9, '07, 12:30 am

Also hot. It's been topping 100 degrees on a regular basis. We had a steady supply of rain last month that cooled things off very nicely. There's no sign of it now.... I could do without the thunderstorms, but I sure would like to have that rain back.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atolm » Thu Aug 9, '07, 12:37 am

Well I relocated this summer. Earlier I lived in Central CA, and the heat there would be 90's to about 114 on worse days. Hot dry heat, bleh.

Now I have moved fairly close to San Francisco, and the weather at its worst was over 90 and most of the time it is usually in the 70-s to 80's..

I am pretty happy to have moved to a cooler place, that and the ocean is like 10-15 miles away.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Aug 9, '07, 12:40 am

Ah yes, Fahrenheit..

In Britain we rarely get temperatures higher than.. 20 degrees celsius, we get rain, snow, wind, everything but the nasty stuff, like earthquakes and huricanes/tornadoes.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Atolm » Thu Aug 9, '07, 1:12 am

Been in a few quakes myself, it is a interesting way to wake up in the mornings. The bed shaking across the room......

Anyways, quakes I can handle, but I do not think I can handle tornadoes and hurricanes...

I do want to be in snow, mostly because I have never seen it before.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Aug 9, '07, 1:19 am

Atolm wrote:Been in a few quakes myself, it is a interesting way to wake up in the mornings. The bed shaking across the room......

Anyways, quakes I can handle, but I do not think I can handle tornadoes and hurricanes...

:) Well I doubt you could .. handle Earthquakes with destructive levels on par with a sizeable hurricane or tornado, but those are rare enough.

*gasp* A snow virgin! We get it most years.. got a few snowy peaks too.. but never seen snow.. wow..

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but.. I just.. am. :misspeak:
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 9, '07, 1:38 am

Divine Dragon wrote:
Atolm wrote:Been in a few quakes myself, it is a interesting way to wake up in the mornings. The bed shaking across the room......

:) Well I doubt you could .. handle Earthquakes with destructive levels on par with a sizeable hurricane or tornado, but those are rare enough.

*gasp* A snow virgin! We get it most years.. got a few snowy peaks too.. but never seen snow.. wow..

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but.. I just.. am. :misspeak:

Reminds me of a girl who I knew back in middle school who moved here from California. She had never seen snow and other kids would joke around about it and ended up nicknaming her "snow", though she didn't like it too much. (can't blame her) I don't see it as a big deal. I do believe that everyone should see snow at least once in their life if they can get the chance, though. :D

As for the weather here? It's like mother nature's having mood swings! It'll get really warm for a week, then cool down the next. Currently, it's very warm and muggy... Still waiting for the meteorologists to get the correct forecast. (though I probably have a better chance at winning the lottery) :sweat:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 9, '07, 4:40 am

I've only been in one earthquake that I know of. It was very minor, just a 3. something I think. Just enough to vibrate the building a little. It was kind of ironic in a way. At the time, I was playing Golden Sun on my GBA and I had just used a quake spell as the quake started. :o
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 9, '07, 9:37 pm

Atolm wrote:

Snow is beautiful and magical, I think. I wish you could see it and feel it, atleast once anyway. One of the most fun things ever is having a snowball fight with your friends, or eating homemade snow ice cream after a good snow. Yum! As crazy as the weather has been this year, maybe your area will get some snow one of these days. You never can tell.

This also reminds me of the Christmas movie with John Schneider (ex-"Dukes Of Hazzard"and "Smallville") and Hoyt Axton (maybe Tom * too, but can't remember if he was in it or not), where they are truckers bringing Christmas gifts to a small community which would not otherwise have any gifts if it weren't for the efforts of a benefactor (AXton), and they face different hazards getting there, but they do make it there before Christmas and deliver the gifts. The benefactor also receives a wonderful gift in return at his warm home - something he is very fond of and hasn't seen in a long, long, time because it never happens there where he lives. Yep, they bring a bunch of snow in for him. His yard is surrounded by tons of snow while all the rest of the yards in the neighborhood have green grass showing. The neighbors love it and come to play, I think. Hope I didn't spoil the movie for those of you who haven't seen it, but I recommend it anyway. I haven't seen it in years but it's a good Christmas movie. , They usually show it sometime during the Christmas holiday season on some channels.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 9, '07, 9:40 pm

Thoul wrote:I've only been in one earthquake that I know of. It was very minor, just a 3. something I think. Just enough to vibrate the building a little. It was kind of ironic in a way. At the time, I was playing Golden Sun on my GBA and I had just used a quake spell as the quake started. :o

Now that's scary! :hmm: :misspeak:
Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Casual Conversation