Holidays

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 5, '07, 8:55 pm

It was really hot here, so we didn't do much. I wouldn't have minded having a little of that rain. ;) We just went to see the Transformers movie. It was fun.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 6, '07, 7:14 pm

Although it is not officially a holiday, many people are eagerly expecting and celebrating tomorrow. Tomorrow's date is:

7-07-07

The number " 7 " is looked on in many circles as a lucky number.

So, anyone have any superstitions or feelings regarding this day. If you remember, last year it was 6-06-06, a day that many people were NOT looking forward to at all.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Holidays

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jul 6, '07, 7:44 pm

I didn't even realise that until I saw the news this morning. Apparently many mothers are actually planning C-sections for this upcoming Saturday... I think they're nuts. I jokingly said to my mom, "I'll bet that some mother names their kid 'Lucky' this Saturday." Some people are probably going to blow money gambling, others are going to get married on that day.

As for my thoughts, I don't think anything special is going to happen. I don't believe in luck, and I think that some people in general are too superstitious. Nothing bad happened on 6-6-06, and the same thing with that YM2k scare. Still, amusing how far some people go for good or bad 'fortune,' if you could call it that. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sun Sep 2, '07, 8:48 pm

Tomorrow's Labor Day. If you have the day off, I hope you enjoy it! :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Sep 2, '07, 9:25 pm

Thanks, Thoul. I will add my wishes here too for an enjoyable day for everyone tomorrow. Have fun everyone, and enjoy the last big hurrah of the summer! Hard to believe that summer has come and gone already.

Does anyone watch the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon every year on Labor Day? It is almost a tradition of sorts around here to atleast watch some of it. Good luck to Jerry's kids this year and here's wishing that they meet and over exceed their goal.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 3, '07, 2:07 am

I sometimes catch some of the telethon. I don't watch that kind of thing very much, but they usually have some good acts on there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 4, '07, 11:11 pm

I hope everyone had a terrific holiday. We had fun and didn't get much rest, I'm sorry to say. Always lots of things to do when there is a free day, ya know.

I watched a good bit of the Jerry Lewis Telethon. I missed the last fifteen minutes but saw online where they raised a little over $63,000,000.00, I think it was. They surpassed last years goal by about $3 million. That's wonderful. It will be even more wonderful when they find a cure for muscular dystrophy and all the related diseases.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 11, '07, 3:28 pm

Today, September 11, 2007 is Patriot Day in the USA. This is a special day of rememberance for the victims of the World Trade Center, The Pentagon, and those in Shanksville, VA., who lost their lives from a terriorist attack almost six years ago today.

We remember all those victims, and their families left behind (sons, daughters, wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, etc.) who lost loved ones that day, and all the first responders who have lost their lives since then due to illnesses related to that tragic event. We remember the World Trade Center Buildings that were destroyed also, and the symbols / meanings they stood for. We shall never forget.

We also remember the men and women in our military who are serving in Afghanistan and Iraq and other places all over the world to help secure and maintain freedom. We also remember their families left at home who await their homecoming. May God Bless Them all. :usa:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 6, '07, 11:16 pm

Monday, October 8, 2007, will feature two holidays this year:

First, on Oct. 8th (Monday), the USA will be celebrating their Columbus Day!

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Second, on Oct. 8th (Monday), Canada will be celebrating their
Thanksgiving Day!

:turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Happy Day, everyone! :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Sun Oct 7, '07, 1:37 am

Personally, I dislike Columbus day. The guy wasn't even the first to discover America and he was also a pretty bad person... :sweat:

Happy Turkey Day to Canadians, though. Lucky thay they get it early -- I'm kinda jealous. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Holidays