Holiday Plans

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Holiday Plans

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 5, '07, 5:41 pm

What are you plans for the upcoming winter holidays? Will you be doing any traveling or catching up with family members you haven't seen in a while? Do you usually have a big dinner or quick meal?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Nov 5, '07, 6:54 pm

WE HAVE A HUUUUUUUGGGEE FEAST!!! Last time there was over 30 people there, all in my family, 4 dining tables! A beautiful white Christmas room, and a giantgantic dessert! Then on Christmas we have everyone over again for presents galore! We've had so many present one year. And then we have a bunch of friends, mostly not family for New Years. And apparently we have pork every year, but I haven't noticed.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 5, '07, 7:27 pm

I'm not sure what our holiday plans are right now. Sometimes we get together with family members for a huge dinner and then sometimes we just prefer to stay home and have a smaller dinner but still with Turkey, dressing, etc. It depends a lot on the weather too.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby LordShibas » Mon Nov 5, '07, 9:48 pm

Hehe, I'll share. Hope I don't offend anyone.

Anyway, my older brother usually comes in from California. I see him usually once or twice a year. Once he gets here, he will crash at my place, and beg me to go drinking every night he is there, regardless of whether or not I have to work the next day. He's very persistent, so I'll give in, and be his designated driver, since I don't drink much anymore.

Once we are out, he will get drunk, and start whinning about how the strip clubs in California suck, and will beg me to take his drunk * to one. He offers to pay my cover and give me money to spend. So I'll usually end up going, just to appease him. I'll get home around 2 AM, be tired as hell the next day, and use this night out as an excuse to not go out any of the other nights he is home.

Other than that. We will more than likely go to the Embassy Suites, which is a nice place that serves a good buffet dinner, and eat for the Holidays. My mother doesn't like to cook much anymore.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Neithird » Tue Nov 6, '07, 6:15 am

Right now, I don't have any plans really. We used to have big family reunions, but I haven't gone to those in years. I may go this year, but I think that isn't likely to happen.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Elaina » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:43 am

We have my husband's parents over for a big dinner, and that's about it. Sometimes my brother comes over. It's pretty quiet over here for the holidays. We go over to MIL's house for Christmas eve.
Elaina
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Return to Holidays