Holiday Movies

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Holiday Movies

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 6:27 am

With Thanksgiving and the Winter Holidays coming up, what are your favorite holiday movies to watch in this season?

Some of my favorites are Miracle on 34th Street (the original, not the remakes) and Santa Clause. In Miracle, I particularly like the court house scene involving the mail bags.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 13, '07, 8:01 am

A Christmas Story! I watch it every year. :mrgreen:

Matter of fact, it's the only Holiday movie that I can watch more than once without getting sick of it.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Tue Nov 13, '07, 5:31 pm

I like to watch the early Home Alone movies and It's a Wonderful Life. I also like the old stop motion children's shows, like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. They aren't technically movies, but they're great holiday shows that put me in a festive mood.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby LordShibas » Tue Nov 13, '07, 9:00 pm

If it's not animated and doesn't come from Japan, then I don't watch it. In other words, I only watch anime.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 9:11 pm

Tsunami wrote:A Christmas Story! I watch it every year. :mrgreen:

Matter of fact, it's the only Holiday movie that I can watch more than once without getting sick of it.

Isn't that the movie that TBS shows all day on Christmas every year? It's an okay movie I guess, but I'm kind of sick of them running for the full day.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 11:12 pm

I've pretty much seen all the movies I want to see this year, I would like to see a couple, like the one coming out on like December 7th? But that'll be a little dificult.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 14, '07, 1:37 am

Thoul wrote:
Tsunami wrote:A Christmas Story! I watch it every year. :mrgreen:

Isn't that the movie that TBS shows all day on Christmas every year? It's an okay movie I guess, but I'm kind of sick of them running for the full day.
Yeah, that's the one. I'm kinda glad they air it all day...that way, I won't miss it! :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Rudo » Wed Nov 14, '07, 6:14 am

Dr. Suess - the grinch stole Christmas. :santa:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 14, '07, 8:32 pm

Rudo, do you mean the Jim Carrey movie or the old animated feature? I couldn't stand the movie - it was just too over the top for me.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 14, '07, 8:57 pm

Rudo wrote:Dr. Suess - the grinch stole Christmas. :santa:
That's one I forgot about! :duh: I always loved watching it as a kid.

This reminds me, I also liked A Charlie Brown Christmas and that Garfield christmas special that they used to have on TV (shame that it's never on anymore).

Neithird wrote:Rudo, do you mean the Jim Carrey movie or the old animated feature? I couldn't stand the movie - it was just too over the top for me.
I didn't like the movie either. The Grinch's backstory is a tad bit too depressing for a children's movie, don't you think? :sweat:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Feature Films