Holiday Movies

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 15, '07, 7:34 am

I like " White Christmas " with Bing Crosby. And, an even older oldie " Holiday Inn". I also like "Jingle Bells", I think is the name of it with Arnold Scharwzenegger. Lots of good Christmas movies around. :ball:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 19, '07, 2:40 am

Has anyone here ever seen the Star Wars Christmas Special? It was aired on TV a long time ago, but I think it has never been shown again. I was too young to see it back then, but I'd like to someday.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Mon Nov 19, '07, 1:33 pm

Thoul wrote:Has anyone here ever seen the Star Wars Christmas Special? It was aired on TV a long time ago, but I think it has never been shown again. I was too young to see it back then, but I'd like to someday.
Never seen it. :o

However, I just remembered the Claymation Christmas Special! I used to watch it as a kid when it was on TV. It's a shame that it's not on anymore, really. :(
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 19, '07, 6:39 pm

I also don't remember the Star Wars Christmas show but would have liked to have seen that one. I do remember the Claymation Christmas show - it was fun and some good songs there too.

Lol, in an earlier post I referred to the Christmas movie with Arnold Scharwzenegger (sp?) as "Jingle Bells", but I saw something about it the other day and think the correct title is "Jingle All The Way". It had the comedian Sinbad in it too. It was a lot of fun.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 21, '07, 9:10 pm

Tsunami wrote:This reminds me, I also liked A Charlie Brown Christmas and that Garfield christmas special that they used to have on TV (shame that it's never on anymore).

I miss all the Garfield holiday specials. I wish those were still being aired. :cry: The TV networks just don't have the old Christmas spirit anymore.

Tsunami wrote:I didn't like the movie either. The Grinch's backstory is a tad bit too depressing for a children's movie, don't you think? :sweat:

:yes: Exactly... he's supposed to be the meanest of the mean or however the rhyme goes. The Grinch is something that should stay in book or animation form.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Previous

Return to Feature Films