Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Jun 14, '13, 2:49 pm

Some of you may know I do some freelance writing for an indie gaming company. The writing assignments for their next big project have just kicked off, and even though they're trying to squeeze a lot in a short amount of time, it's been a lot of fun so far, and I'm enjoying the amount of flexibility they give us for our creative contributions.

Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance is a bit of a callback to the old gamebooks from the 80s (like the Lone Wolf series) and the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. There's allegedly already a complex stats/battle system developed...but I don't have to worry about such things when I write the action. (I just have to indicate where a battle is going to take place, give a brief description of the enemy, and let someone else fill in the details!) The universe is incredibly developed, with tons of species, towns, and NPCs adding to the lore.

And hey! There's a trailer!

I believe it's supposed to be released by the end of the year. I'm definitely going to get the Android version, as even though I'm provided with the flowcharts, it'll be cool to see how everything fits together!
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Re: Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 20, '13, 3:34 am

Yep, I'm in, too. The trailer totally sold me. Nothing like a good dwarven adventure with deep roads, orcs and carving out your own legacy. Bonus points for having an android version!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 13, '14, 11:00 pm

Seems to be great ! Do you have some news from it ? Ah I've played many of those "Livres dont vous êtes le héros" in french ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to General Gaming