The Punisher (2) movie

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

The Punisher (2) movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 1, '07, 5:49 am

Saw a note in this article with John Travolta and Denzel Washington about a second "The Punisher" movie in the works. However, it looks like John Travolta will not be in this one. He was pretty good in the other one, and will be missed. I can't recall if his character was killed in the other one or not. It's been awhile since I saw it last.

Anyway, look closely in the second paragraph of the article to find the info about "The Punisher" movie:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/10-30-07_4

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 1, '07, 8:10 pm

Travolta's character was killed. :yes: That doesn't mean he couldn't return, but it would be hard to make it believable.

I don't expect much from Punisher 2 right now. I really enjoyed the first one, but I've read that the main lead has left the sequel project because he felt the script was of low quality and that the fans would not like it. That doesn't bode well for the film at all.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 10:36 am

Neithird wrote:Travolta's character was killed. That doesn't mean he couldn't return, but it would be hard to make it believable.

Travoltas character was Howard Saint, and yes he comes back. His villan name is Jigsaw and he's the biggest thorn in Frank Castles side. He constantly reminds Frank of how his family was killed and uses that to make Frank act faster than he can think. I really look forward to seeing Jigsaw. =]

As for the second villan, I'm guesssing that The Russion will come back. It's not going to be pretty though.. In the comics, his head is grafted onto the body of a woman and he constantly feels himself up. I had nightmares over that one... :yikes: HaHa! You Cant see what I'm typing unless you highlight it... which means... you can see me tying....

The Punisher.. the most hardcore anti-hero in all the known universe. To be honest, the movie dissapointed me. All the comics have so much more gore.
Last edited by Heikabuchi on Sun Nov 11, '07, 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:51 pm

Please remember to use spoiler tags when revealing plot details of upcoming films, thanks. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 11:35 pm

>_> Oops. Sorry thoul.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:40 am

Lol, you can still see the smiley, even in the spoiler, XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 11, '07, 7:22 pm

*!! XDDD -= Basks in a buffet of Phantasy Star, Punisher, and Star Trek. =- COUGHPUNISHER OWNSCOUGH
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 12, '07, 3:41 pm

Neithird wrote: I've read that the main lead has left the sequel project because he felt the script was of low quality and that the fans would not like it. That doesn't bode well for the film at all.

That's too bad. I thought he was quite good if it was the guy who played in the first movie, that is. I wonder who they will get to replace him. Anyone have any choices as to who they think would make a great "punisher". I think Dolph Lundgreen would be great in the role, but I haven't heard anything about him in ages.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 12, '07, 11:50 pm

I think Dolph Lundgreen would be great in the role, but I haven't heard anything about him in ages.

I don't think he could pull off the look now. I saw him not too long ago in one of those VH1 remembrance programs (I Love the 80s or something, talking about Rocky IV). I didn't recognize him until they put his name at the bottom of the screen - he's changed that much. He was okay in the original Punisher movie (when was that? probably the 80s too), but I don't think he could pull it off now.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Tue Nov 13, '07, 5:24 pm

The Punisher.. the most hardcore anti-hero in all the known universe. To be honest, the movie dissapointed me. All the comics have so much more gore.

I was hesitant about seeing the movie because of that. I was afraid it would be very gory, which I would not have enjoyed at all. As it was, I think the movie was a perfect way to introduce today's film audience to the character.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to Feature Films