Reorganizating, Shouts for Guests

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Reorganizating, Shouts for Guests

Postby Thoul » Mon Apr 5, '10, 9:28 pm

I've made some changes to the organization of the forums that merit a proper announcement, as they change the way some things work. Particularly in the Shoutbox.

I've added a new category to the boards list. It's called "Hunters' Guild" and is the new home of areas accessible only to the community members. The old Hunters' Guild forum has been renamed to Fringers' Parlor and placed in the new Hunters' Guild category. Forum Games has also been moved under the category and a link to the Private Chat has been added.

All forums in the Hunters' Guild category are now accessible only to members with 5 or more posts. People that have registered but haven't actually taken part in the community can no longer see them. This includes the Private Chat.

As for the Shoutbox, it is now open to guest posting on a provisional basis. When posting as a guest, the BBCode functions are disabled. Guest posting may be disabled in the future if spammers abuse it.

Both the Shoutbox and Private Chat will also now respect the "Hide my online status this session" setting on the login form. If you check that setting when logging in, you will not appear in the list of online users for either chat.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Reorganizating, Shouts for Guests

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Apr 6, '10, 3:04 am

Thoul wrote:As for the Shoutbox, it is now open to guest posting on a provisional basis. When posting as a guest, the BBCode functions are disabled. This may be disabled in the future if spammers abuse it.

So if they abuse something that they can't, then it becomes enabled? I are confused. =P
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 6, '10, 3:09 am

Sorry, that was rather unclear. I meant that guest posting in general may be disabled if it becomes a source of spam. I've reworded the post to make that more clear.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Apr 6, '10, 3:12 am

Awesome. Thanks Thoul.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Site Announcements