Help! Something is wrong with my Saturn!

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Help! Something is wrong with my Saturn!

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Mar 29, '10, 5:49 am

I'm pretty sure it'd be the A/V cord Thoul. Because I know that the SNES, N64 and Gamecube can all use the same cord.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tweeg » Tue Mar 30, '10, 3:35 am

MrKite wrote:Okay, when I push the power button, the green light goes on and the screen flickers briefly to show that it's on, but that's about it! All I see is a black screen and don't hear anything. I had to change the battery in the back of the system recently, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I knwoingly purchased a dead Saturn a few years back that the owner admitted had taken a surge during a thunderstorm. Just for curiousity sake I hooked it up and it does exactly what you're describing. I've never taknen the oppurtunity to dismantle and examine the interior of a Saturn before, but my guess is that it likely is made similarly to a DC in that more thna likely it has a modular assemly design. And if so then the power supply circuit board should be independantly removeable. But this is speculation mind mind you.

What I'm getting at is that this sounds like a power related issue despite the fact that the green indicater LED lights. Could be one or more bad capacitors, which would explain the momentary flicker of signal to the TV set. Or may even be a blown fuse.

Again, these are just theories as I'm not at all familiar with the Saturn's build.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby MrKite » Tue Mar 30, '10, 3:39 am

I don't know what the problem is. I just bought a new one on eBay, and I'm kinda upset, because I was saving that money for something else.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby MrKite » Thu Apr 8, '10, 11:08 pm

Well I got the new one I bought the day before yesterday, and I'm beginning to think that the problem with the one I had could've been fixed easily, and I just bought this replacement for nothing, because when I got it, I turned it on first just to make sure it still worked, and then I turned it off to change the battery, and then I had the same problem I had with the previous one before I had to buy the replacement, and I was freaking out, and then I don't know what I did, I think I pushed down on something in the same area that the back up battery goes, and then it started working.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Previous

Return to Retro Roundup